Our client, a boutique and well performing distressed debt fund is looking to hire a talented finance professional to join their growing team. This person will work alongside several others across Finance and Operations and be involved in quite a varied role. It’s important this person is a Qualified Accountant and is keen to work in a hands-on position. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated qualified accountant with several years’ post qualified experience, perhaps still in practice or in fund accounting.
If you want to grow in a boutique hedge fund, then this role is for you. One will be exposed to all areas of their business including the investment side of things.
Principal duties but not limited to:
- Daily operations and accounting responsibilities including cash and position monitoring, daily and monthly P&L and cash management tasks
- Working with the external Fund Administrators re the NAV’s
- Dealing with tax and audit related matters
- Processing and managing fund payments / transactions
- Manage external counterparty relationships
- Monthly FX hedging calculations
- Assist with regulatory reporting
- Possess a solid academic background
- Be a qualified accountant – ACA, ACCA or CIMA. Perhaps from a Big 4 entity.
- Knowledge of IFRS and/or Lux GAAP is a plus
- Private equity knowledge is also advantageous
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, focus, determination, willingness to work hard.