Fund Accounting Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- B&FS Finance
- 08 Mar 18 2018-03-08
A leading asset manager recquire a senior fund accountant with experience within real estate to join their growing finance team. You must be a qualififed accountant.
Fund Accounting, reporting and valuation
- Proactively manage a team of Fund Accountants and Supervisors to provide fund accounting, fund valuation and financial control services to a portfolio of funds.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly fund valuation and accounting (as required)
- Perform reviews of primary accounting records, ensuring controls and procedures are followed managing the resolution of complex issues.
- Undertake quality assurance of work to ensure errors are minimized.
- Provide accounting policy advice and work collaboratively to produce technical accounting policy notes (as required).
- Ensure excellent service levels are maintained to all fund stakeholders (internal and external).
- Complete and review VAT and property tax returns
- Maintain technical capability for job, keeping abreast of market and industry developments.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of platform, processes and system.
- Represent the team, department in a professional, collaborative, and commercially aware manner.
Fund Financial control
- Ensure effective internal controls activities are operating and proactively identify any control gaps or risks
- Keep risk management monitoring systems up to date
- Proactively review, identify and implement efficient process enhancements to ensure the client service provided is of the highest standard.
- Continuous review of team procedures, policies, systems and issues.
- Robust management and implementation of projects/initiatives
- Produce insightful and meaningful MI reporting of trends, analysis of errors and near misses.
- Work collaboratively with manager, staff and peers to share best practice, enhance operational effectiveness and create awareness of issues throughout the department.
Oversight of outsourced providers
- Work collaboratively with outsourced service providers to ensure service provision supports business requirements.
- Monitor and oversee the work of third party service providers of accounting information
- Recruit, manage, develop and engage team members to produce a productive and high quality team.
- Implement department strategy as necessary through staff.
- Ensure team proficiency through pro-active performance management.
- Proactively identify training and development needs of staff which provide a focus for delivery in line with department objectives and Ops strategy.
- Academic Qualifications: Degree or equivalent experience is essential;
- Professional: Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or equivalent experience is essential;
- Specialist knowledge / skills – UK GAAP and IFRS Financial reporting and Real Estate VAT knowledge;
- Strong property investment industry knowledge/experience is essential;
- Strong excel skills
- Proven experience of managing a team, leadership and people management;
- Experience of managing and delivering within a changing environment;
- Ability to successfully influence internally and externally stakeholders at all levels to achieve objectives
- Experience of challenging historic working practices and delivering process improvements.
- Collaborative, focused and personalised approach to service commitment, delivery and continuous improvement.