Fund Administrator-Fund Administration-Fund Accountant-Fund Controller
- £175 - £225 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
My client is seeking a Fund Administrator to join their team - responsible for processing of EMEA based client cash and unit instructions through a number of control points and acting as Transfer Agent for their UK Pooled funds.
Roles core responsibilities:
- Completion of checklist accurately on a daily basis.
- Accurately process large number of client flows to internal systems in efficient manner allowing for rapid and effective investment decision
- Adhere to all client specific deadlines and IMAs nuances to ensure they are acting with due diligence on any client directed flows
- Maintain prices on designated accounts to ensure correct valuation and reporting for all pooled clients
- Maintenance of accounting system - accurate reconciliation experience
- To work on projects as and when required
- You will need to be open to wide diversity of different tasks/roles and therefore have experience in prioritising work, working under pressure with relatively short deadlines, being able to organise themselves and escalate where necessary.
- Regular interaction with various investment teams – good communication and understanding of process is important
- Intermediate-to-strong excel skills essential – Vlookups and various other formula based knowledge
- Clear communication of issues.
Key skills needed for the role:
- Experience of working on a Unit Dealings Desk
- Experience of working in a Transfer Agency role
- Knowledge of pooled funds would be highly desirable and advantageous
- Degree qualified within a relevant discipline would be advantageous
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager, investment bank, prime broker, fund administrator or custodian with a preferred knowledge of Pooled Fund structure.
- Analytically minded with strong analytical skills.
- Willingness for you to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- Excellent social skills with an excellent grasp of the importance of client service.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding investment markets and settlement.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel