- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Fund AnalystAs a fund manager, you will be asked to contribute to Cazenove Capital Management's (CCM) investment process in multi-asset class portfolios by developing our expertise in fund manager research and coverage across a variety of assets classes.
Main Duties and Overall Responsibilities
- To be responsible for researching and monitoring of funded investments and making investment recommendations, with regard to manager, style or specific investment opportunities;
- Contributing to and assisting the maintenance of a database of suitable collective investments, covering all asset classes, for CCM. This will include funds and investment trusts and should consist of summary notes, recommendation notes (where applicable) and a database of key data relevant to each investment. Business cycle, or other style / size, factors which impact price performance should be identified. It will also consist of some preliminary work to identify which vehicles have regulatory approval for investment for different types of clients, including both onshore and offshore private clients;
- To act as chair &/or vice chair on selected Asset Class Committees
- To assist in the portfolio construction process by making recommendations to the Portfolio Construction Committee;
- Build a close and working relationship with the wider Schroder investment capabilities, enabling greater investment coverage and allowing us to leverage a wider resource
- To collate internal and external sources of information and to co-ordinate information flow with other areas of the business, particularly Private Clients and Charities (the "front office");
- To assist the "front office" with ad-hoc queries and requests
- To assist in the preparation of presentation and other marketing material. This will include fund manager review notes, presentation material for the Quarterly Investment Briefing and material for any external presentations;
- Reports - to assist in the preparation and delivery of all statutory and marketing reports.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- IMC or equivalent FSA threshold competent qualification.
- CFA, CAIA or equivalent qualification
Relevant analytical experience in fund research, ideally within a private client context.
- Excellent analytical skills, including an ability to make judgments about management skills and define the expected risk/reward characteristics of opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of Lipper, Datastream and Bloomberg
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Good knowledge of Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills
- Assist the DIT (Dealing Implementation Team)