Fund Client Services Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Colchester Global Investors Ltd
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
Colchester Global Investors are currently looking for a Shareholder Services Associate to be supporting the marketing and client service activities in the EMEA region. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience.
As a Shareholder Services Associate, you will be part of the Marketing & Client Service team within Colchester. You will be responsible for processing of client instructions through a number of control points and acting as liaison Transfer Agent for Colchester Global Investors Pooled funds.
- Continuous monitoring of the Transfer Agency email account accurately on a daily basis.
- Monitoring of Transfer Agent KPIs.
- Accurately process large number of client flows to internal systems in an efficient manner.
- Adhere to all client specific deadlines to ensure Colchester is acting with due diligence on any client directed flows.
- Knowledge of UCITS Transfer Agency related processes at a large asset manager – consequent review of existing Colchester processes and recommendations for improvements and changes where necessary.
- Maintenance of funds database - accurate reconciliation experience.
- Work on setting up new share classes by liaising with fund administrator and reflect set-up on internal systems and all related third party databases and platforms.
- Creation of Key Investor Information Documents (KIIDs).
- Organisation of updates to the UCITS website.
- New class UCITS IV registrations and annual maintenance of country registrations.
- Assistance with UCITS Board governance requirements (assisting in collection of the 6 monthly and quarterly Designated Person reports).
- Regular interaction with the investment, trading and compliance teams within Colchester.
You will be forward thinking and look to improve the current processes and procedures. The Shareholder Services Associate is expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team, to follow issues and responsibilities through to resolution, to meet deadlines and to perform well in a high-pressure environment. You will need to be open to a wide diversity of different tasks/roles and therefore have experience in prioritising work, working under pressure with relatively short deadlines and escalate where necessary.
Assist the relevant client relationship owner with providing:
- Timely and accurate distribution of pooled fund reporting.
- Presentation packs and associated data for pooled fund client meetings.
- Work on ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
The Shareholder Services Associate would be responsible for hosting the monthly and quarterly calls with Northern Trust. This could also require infrequent travel to visit Northern Trust in Dublin, Ireland.
- Proactive self-starter with an analytical mind and high attention to detail.
- Willingness to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- Excellent social skills with a far-reaching grasp of the importance of client service.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding settlement and other fund operational elements.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Investment Operations Certificate (formerly IAQ) considered an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years Industry experience.
- Experience of working with data vendors – including understanding of data provision requirements – is preferable (Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Morningstar, FundInfo etc).
- Shareholder Services/Operations experience gained from an investment manager, investment bank, prime broker, fund administrator or custodian with a preferred knowledge of pooled fund structure.
- Product experience desirable: Bonds, FX.
- To comply with Colchester Global Investors Limited policies and procedures. Specifically, to be familiar with and adhere to the relevant policies and procedures of the Firm, including, but not limited to, the Code of Ethics, Personal Account Dealing, IT policies, etc. as well as being cognizant of, and adhere to, individual and Firm regulatory requirements.
- To work flexibly and respond positively to changing business needs thereby facilitating positive working relationships.
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they currently exist but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule of tasks.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 28 September 2018.