Fund Controller - Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting UK
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
A diversified global asset manager with significant operations in Europe is looking to hire an experienced Fund Controller into a newly created role.
A diversified global asset manager with significant operations in Europe is looking to hire an experienced Fund Controller into a newly created role. The company have a sizable European portfolio and specialise in mainly alternative asset management including private equity, real estate and infrastructure. The majority of finance and operations are outsourced making for a highly commercial and business facing role in this intimate and sociable office of 50 people. This newly created role would report into the head of fund finance and work alongside another fund controller in the company’s exquisite West End offices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of all fund accounting and reporting for a large and complex closed ended fund. This will include reviewing and managing all reporting deliverables for all underlying fund entities and SPVs.
- Partner with the Investment team to provide strategic and technical financial support.
- Present financial management information to fund managers.
- Principal point of contact for auditors, lawyers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage fund liquidity requirements including cashflow forecasts, asset management fees, expense reimbursement and capital expenditure.
- Deal support, both pre and post acquisition including managing external advisors around fund structuring
- Involvement in a raft of internal projects.
- Joint management of a small team of accountants in Luxembourg.
- Qualified accountant with experience in a similar fund accounting role for closed end funds. Exposure to Luxembourg structures would also be highly beneficial.
- Preferably a background in practice in addition to relevant PQE in a fund or fund administrator.
- Strong relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Confident presentation skills, articulate and able to explain complex matters simply.
This is an ideal time to join this business as they embark on a period of growth in Europe with further fund raising underway and plans to significantly expand headcount in the coming months and years. Salary is c£80-100,000 plus benefits and bonus of 30% give or take as a guide.