Fund Management Assistant
- £Excellent + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Legal & General Investment Management Holdings
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
As part of our successful Asset Allocation Team, we are seeking a Fund Management Assistant to support our funds and to be part of the decision making and risk management.
The LGIM Asset Allocation team, combines LGIM’s economic and multi-asset research capabilities with portfolio management groups across a range of multi-asset and factor based investing product categories. All of the funds within Asset Allocation benefit from the input and expertise of the team’s experienced investment strategists, economists and fund managers.
Within the Asset Allocation team, the Multi-Asset Funds team is responsible for the management and growth of our diversified fund range and factor based investing. The team brings experience across investment management, investment consulting, banking and academia, working with pension funds, insurers and retail clients.
A Fund Management Assistant has the following responsibilities
- Analysis to support investment decision making, implementation and risk management
- Day-to-day support of the funds and their marketing
- Involvement in strategic initiatives to extend the fund range and portfolio related infrastructure
- Delegated tasks from the fund managers, working across the LGIM business
The role will require:
- High quality and accuracy in fund management support
- High quality written and verbal communication
- High quality numeracy and aptitude for systems/technology
- Working collaboratively across LGIM and within the team to deliver our overall fund proposition
- Flexibility in working across a variety of tasks
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated with record of being able to work with limited supervision.
- A methodical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Technical, analytical skill set with attention to detail
- Team focused, effective working with others
- Understanding of underlying asset classes, derivatives and key aspects of portfolio management (managing exposures, risk, attribution)
- Experience in maintaining and building first-class infrastructure - either in excel or more advanced systems.
- Knowledge of one or more regions in institutional and/or retail investors and funds
- Ability to assist with client communications (investment reports, presentations, research publications)
- Previous multi-asset experience or familiarity with funds management environment
- Knowledge of factor based investment strategies, one or more regions in institutional and/or retail investors and funds
- Educated to degree standard in a science, engineering, economics, IT, business or maths based discipline.