Fund Management Associate, Infrastructure & Real Assets
Join our Infrastructure and Real Assets division as an experienced Fund Management Associate.
You will work within the Fund Management team as an Executive, where you will be a key member of a global infrastructure platform. The role will provide you with an opportunity to manage end to end processes in running large infrastructure and renewables funds including fund operations, executing transactions, cash management, financial and tax reporting, investor relations and compliance. You will work closely with asset managers, transaction teams, tax, legal, and asset finance teams as well as fund investors both within Europe as well as internationally.
You will be involved in sizable business transactions, including distributions to investors, asset realisations and asset acquisitions as well as managing relationships internally and with external fund administrators and advisors. In addition to this, the role will see you responsible for identifying and driving process improvement and efficiencies.
As a qualified chartered accountant, with some post qualification experience preferably in the financial services industry, you will have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to understand complex structures and transactions. You will be energetic and ambitious with excellent communication skills and have the ability to drive change and influence stakeholders on different levels. You will be able to work well under pressure, are organised and diligent and able to manage multiple deadlines with limited supervision and direction.
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets is the world's largest infrastructure asset manager, specialising in infrastructure and other real asset classes via public and private funds, co-investments, partnerships and separately managed accounts. Its client base is primarily institutional investors, including global pension and superannuation funds, other institutions and governments. The division is recognised for its expertise over the investment lifecycle, with strong capabilities in investment sourcing, investment management and investor relationships.
The role of the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Fund Management team is to:
- assist on transaction advisory and execution work-streams through the acquisition, ownership, and divestment lifecycles
- be involved in treasury management, budgeting and forecasting for the funds including optimising the FX and hedging requirements of the Fund and managing investor drawdown and distributions
- provide accounting consultation and advice to the business teams and asset finance teams
- have oversight of external service providers and asset finance teams, including reviewing financial statements, tax calculations, fee calculations and reconciliations
- attend Fund and subsidiary Board Meetings involving the review of board papers and presentation of these papers to entity boards as required and providing board members with information and analysis to make decisions related to the financial management of these entities
- coordinate and prepare financial statements and other reporting obligations for our Funds and their subsidiaries, including, where required, liaise with asset finance teams, other internal MIRA specialist teams, external service providers, auditors and other commercial counterparties
- co-ordinate ad hoc reporting or responses to individual questions or due diligence requests from Investors
You will have excellent written and oral communication skills, be a highly motivated, proactive and resilient individual. You will demonstrate sound business judgement and possess strong interpersonal skills which will give you the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
For more information please see: www.mirafunds.com About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2020, Macquarie Asset Management has $A606.9 billion of assets under management. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.