Fund Manager - Real Estate
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
You will form an integral part of the Fund Management team across a number of property funds. Reporting to the Director, the purpose of the role is to provide property investment expertise in the form of deal sourcing, stock picking and asset disposals, together with associated analysis, research, due diligence and general market intelligence. The role of the Fund Manager is ultimately to achieve fund outperformance. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of relevant fund philosophies and strategies (including investment restrictions)
- To monitor, in conjunction with the Asset Managers, as appropriate, major construction projects which could materially impact on the overall performance Funds for which he is the designated manager.
- To assist, where necessary with the designing and marketing of new property vehicles, marketing them directly to consultants and pension funds, including the pooled pension fund vehicles, in conjunction with the Distribution Committee.
- To be responsible for ensuring the establishment of appropriate risk management policies and controls around the investment process relative to their designated funds in conjunction with the Risk Management function. This function operates independently to the Property Business within Threadneedle.
- To assess the likely returns from property and the risks associated with them in order to contribute to the asset allocation process.
- In respect of their designated funds, to ensure segregation of duties between the placing of binding contracts for acquiring, selling, leasing, contracting and managing property. This includes the receipt and payment of monies and their proper accounting.
- Source, analyse and secure property assets which contribute to fund outperformance.
- Undertake pre-acquisition / pre-contract due diligence including surveys, financial appraisals and oversight of the legal due diligence process through to transaction completion.
- Undertake risk and performance analysis and projections at the individual property and portfolio levels.
- Contribute to the collective market intelligence through the accumulation, origination, interpretation and presentation of relevant research.
- Present a positive and proactive profile to the property investment market.
- Ensure compilation of reports, presentations and market. commentaries for relevant funds.
- Contribute to internal group meetings, including weekly Investment Committee and Market meetings and monthly Business Update meetings.
- To ensure all actions are conducted under the direction of the business's core values; namely Client Focus, Excellence, Integrity and Respect, with the ultimate aim of treating customers fairly and avoiding or, if necessary, escalating such issues of conflict via line management to the Managing
- Director of Property and the Head of Property Risk and Insurance.
- To ensure that full records of all training undertaken are maintained to facilitate an assessment of the Fund Managers competence to be undertaken and, where required, to meet the relevant training and competence requirements of the relevant authority, for example RICS.
- Relevant education/ qualifications deemed suitable for the role
- Requisite understanding of the UK Commercial Property Market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Experience of the acquisition, disposal and management of property assets.
- Ability to contribute at the strategic, fund management level