Fund Product Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION The Position
Working within WMF Global's Product Development team, this role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing Wellington Management Funds Global ("WMF Global") group, which develops and oversees a variety of commingled funds offered to a diverse set of Wellington's clients from over 40 countries worldwide.
WMF Global sponsors over 80 funds totaling AUM of $44 billion, spanning the full range of Wellington's product offerings, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. WMF Global has funds domiciled in Ireland (UCITS), Luxembourg (UCITS and AIFs), as well as in Cayman, Canada and Australia. job description
This role will work closely with the Funds Product Manager with a primary focus on existing funds, as well as supporting other members of the Product team in the development and general management agendas for our multiple fund families.
- General Fund Management and Oversight
- Working with the Funds Product Manager to implement changes to funds once a pool has been launched. This may include the analysis, discussion and implementation of internally-generated issues like new fees, guidelines and dealing terms; or externally-sourced issues, such as client requests and regulatory changes
- Maintain an ongoing marketing oversight programme, monitoring the integrity all fund materials, becoming a point of contact for marketing data related questions for WMF Global
- Support the oversight and management of certain components of the funds infrastructure, including guideline reviews, seed capital allocations and manager changes
- Monitor and maintain data on funds such as target markets, concentration of underlying investor groups and closet trackers. Provide updates to the Management Committees and Boards as required
- Key contact person for changes to the Funds database, helping the Product team to automate wherever possible
- Support the team through the navigation of internal applications, by extracting, manipulating and presenting data relevant to Product Development and Management projects
- Offer subject matter expertise with various internal stakeholders related to WMF Global funds, including vehicle structures and strategies, fund characteristics, instrument eligibility, regulations, suitability, hedging, income distribution, etc.
- Key point of contact for fund questions in relation to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Data-related analysis and troubleshooting
- Prepare presentation materials
- Lead or assist with ad hoc projects
We seek individuals who can demonstrate: •
3+ years working with cross-border fund solutions • An ethos for hard work, accountability, organization and responsiveness • Good inter-personal skills and able to establish healthy working relationships • Collaborative and flexible mindset to navigate cross-functional projects • Willingness to take initiative', but also having good judgement about when to seek input first • Excellent written and oral communication skills • Positive, collegial attitude, sense of humor and enthusiasm • Strong analytical and IT skills • Exceptional attention to detail, responsiveness and follow-through • Naturally curious JOB TITLE
Fund Product Analyst JOB FAMILY
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .