Fund Services Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
Fund Services Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1,021 billion in assets under management as of 30 June 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Wellington Management Funds Group (WMF) is responsible for the business activities of Wellington Management's non-US funds. These funds (80+ in total, $35bn AUM), consist of UCITs and non-UCITs structures in multiple domiciles -Ireland, Luxembourg, Australia, Canada, Cayman.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Analyst to join the Global Fund Services team within WMF. This team is responsible for supporting relationships with Third Party Distribution partners, including coordinating client transition events, monitoring fund shareholder activity, launching new funds and share classes, and supporting the firm's mutual fund business. In addition, the team is responsible for managing the operational dynamics and internal client touch points required to support the distribution of our funds across the globe. Reporting to the Associate Director of Global Fund Services, this individual will be based in our London office, The Fund Services Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that first class client service is provided to all users of WMF, and that the necessary infrastructure is in place to support our fund Distributors.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the Global Relationship Group (GRG) and Client Services Group (CSG) to on-board key Distributors, determining their preferred trading and clearing methods, reporting requirements and account set up requirements;
- Determine whether these requirements can be accommodated given the WMF funds' unique dealing terms (for example: whether they can accommodate T-1 funds, anti-dilution levies, etc.);
- Own key platform relationships, and be the central point of contact when on-boarding new partners, ensuring compatibility with the current systems;
- Ensure effective communication between Distribution Partners, Service Providers and Portfolio Management, regarding new complex client take-ons, new fund/share class launches and transition events;
- Provide a single point of contact and expertise for all Distribution fund-related questions related to the ongoing management of WMF accounts, including client questions related to client-acceptance, dealing, transfers and account closings (supporting US, HK, Singapore, Tokyo, London, Sydney);
- Form a key part of the Know Your Distributor Working Group, ensuring there are robust control processes in place, and ensuring that documentation is complete and kept up to date, with reviews happening prior to on-boarding and on a regular basis thereafter;
- Develop and maintain data dependencies across the fund business, reflecting which systems, users or Distributors require data, at what time, and with what quality criteria;
- Continually enhance our vendor strategy, vendor management, technical integration and data quality programme, ensuring robust controls are in place;
- Establish and maintain automated data feeds to Distributors and their selected data vendors, ensuring optimum data integrity at all times;
- Work with other members of the team to finalize a workflow and time management framework and tracking tool, as well as assist with the implementation/roll-out across wider teams;
- Implement, and work to document, new workflow processes to enable a smooth and seamless implementation;
- Enhance and utilize the current WMF Fund Services SharePoint site, enabling it to be a single source of information for the team.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have relevant professional experience, ideally gained within the Asset Management industry;
- Have demonstrable experience in one or more of the following work streams: fund data support & maintenance, distribution support.
- Experience managing elements of key Distributor relationships is preferred, as is experience of managing Transfer Agency outsourced service provider relationships;
- Be self-motivated, with a strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organisational skills;
- Be able to work effectively without close supervision;
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of the financial services regulatory environment, and a sound understanding of general legal terms/clauses;
- Have a successful track record of assisting in large projects, including technology-based project work;
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the commercial terms & conditions, and operational Service Level Agreements, of both service provider contracts and distribution agreements;
- Have excellent communications skills, coupled with a high degree of self-motivation.
WMIL is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to comply with all applicable requirements set out by the FCA, including in particular, the fitness and propriety requirements outlined by the FCA. WMIL is also supervised in a number of other jurisdictions relating to its investment management services and the successful candidate may also be required to comply with additional requirements.
Fund Services Analyst
Staff Aug - Professional
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .