Fund governance and compliance officer
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Fund governance and compliance officer.
- Provide expert funds related legal and regulatory advice and direction to the business,
- Sit on product development committees involving senior business representatives, facilitating product development ideas and initiatives from a technical, legal, compliance and tax viewpoint, including product design and distribution jurisdictional registrations.
- Monitor changes in industry/regulatory practices and taking initiative to ensure implications are recognised for action within the relative business areas, as required.
- Participate in the development of processes, policies and procedures designed to reduce legal and regulatory risk and/or increase the efficiency of the team.
- Work closely with the relevant teams in the resolution of legal and regulatory issues.
- Provide support to the Funds and boards in discharge of their responsibilities
- Have to foresee and manage complex compliance and regulatory obligations (FCA Hand Book of regulations, UCITS, AIFMD, Luxembourg and Irish regulations and company law requirements, ESMA guidance and Q & As, Mifid II, ISA regulations etc.) in the development of new products.
- Implementing and delivering end-to-end product development initiatives, ranging from new fund set-ups and launches to restructuring of existing funds, by way of “re-purposing”, domestic and cross-border fund mergers, share class restructuring and mergers, fund closures and fund company liquidations.
- Ensuring that all product development activities are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays operational risk framework and internal Barclays policies and standards. He/she will identify and manage regulatory risk in respect to all product development initiatives and keep stakeholders informed.
- The drafting and finalisation of detailed corporate actions and scheme of arrangement documentation, common merger proposals, shareholder notices and forms of proxies for the purpose of seeking shareholder approvals for particular fund rationalisation/merger projects, as appropriate and necessary under the regulatory framework.
- Seeking and securing all necessary regulatory approvals from, and notifications to, the appropriate regulatory authorities such as the Luxembourg Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (“CSSF”), the Central Bank of Ireland, the FCA and the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
- Seeking and securing all necessary tax clearances and from the appropriate tax authorities such UK HMRC.
- Securing approval from investors for the proposed shareholder resolutions as required under the regulatory framework.
Experience and skills
- Experience of the Luxembourg, Irish, UK and Jersey regulatory environment as it relates to the investment funds, regulated funds product development experience and proven ability to deal with and influence stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Appreciation of regulatory environment governing investment services and products (UCITS, AIFMD, Luxembourg Company Law, FCA Handbook of rules, RDR, MiFID, etc.)
- Be able to demonstrate a grasp of all investment asset classes and understand how they are employed in portfolio construction optimally
- Have ongoing legal and regulatory research and attendance at external seminars on new regulatory developments, as relevant.