Funding and Liquidity Execution Technology - Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 15 Dec 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 06 December 2018
Application Closing Date: 02 January 2019
Level : Associate
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Engineering is driving their industrialization through automation, digitisation and orchestration.
The Funding and Liquidity Execution Engineering team develops and maintains the suite of applications supporting the liquidity management and funding of Goldman Sachs. The applications consist of real-time liquidity systems that fund all businesses of the Firm and impact the balance sheet and Firm's capital holdings. Key users are front office traders that use this critical data source for funding trades, Liquidity Operations and Corporate Treasury. There is a close collaboration with the other regions of the global team in Jersey City, Tokyo & Bengaluru.
A successful candidate will be part of this global team of full-stack engineers driving the build out of our strategic liquidity management platform.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Translate business and technical requirements into well-engineered business applications based on object oriented design
- Interface with internal clients and other engineering teams to successfully deliver high quality products
- Participate in the full SDLC for software written in:
- Java 8 (Spring, REST)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, above or equivalent in Engineering, Technology or a related discipline requried
- Significant software engineering/development, full stack web development experience required
- Project management experience with knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Kanban method required
- Experience of developing high traffic and scalable applications required
- Familiarity with development of user interface functionalities required
- Familiarity with Node JS, PHP, Symfony2, PHPUnit, SQL/MySQL, JQuery, Mongo required
- Experience of developing and maintaining front-end functionalities required
- Familiarity with documenting and testing Android, OS applications required
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to translate users' functional requirements to digital solutions
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a highly pressurised environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.