Future Opportunities - Forensic Analytics Manager - Fraud Specialist, Financial Advisory, London/St Albans
Your opportunity Investigating fraud, bribery and corruption, financial crime â€" itâ€™s just another day at the office for our Forensic Technology experts.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's Forensic Technology practice, which helps its clients perform extensive, complex and often urgent investigations into their business operations. We also advise clients on how to harness technology in order to detect, remediate and prevent a wide range of economic crime issues. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
You can expect to manage challenging, client-facing projects and be actively involved in growing our business from day one. You will work directly with our clients to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them.
In between projects you will use your constantly growing experience to identify and secure new business opportunities for our team. Our work is challenging and high profile. You will be joining a rapidly growing and diverse team of multi-disciplinary, technically excellent and highly motivated people.
Your work, your choice
- Assembling and leading teams to perform data analyses, build connected views of related transactions and events and uncover anomalies or suspicious patterns of activity
- Working with industry experts to review our clientsâ€™ fraud detection and prevention operations and technology in order to recommend, demonstrate and deliver improvements
- Engaging with clients, their advisors and regulators to deliver analysis that resolves contentious issues and which will bear the utmost scrutiny
- Growing a deep knowledge of established and emerging fraud risk management and fraud detection technologies in order to advise clients on best practices and develop vendor partnerships
- Managing the quality, accuracy and pace of your teams' work and resolving issues as they arise
- Leveraging your skills and experience to identify, propose and oversee the development of new services
- Developing a network of internal and external contacts in order to identify new business opportunities
- Contributing to the management and leadership of the Forensic Analytics practice and the firm's talent agenda
This role is based in London or St. Albans. You will be required to undertake national and international travel for specific client projects. At times, work may be required outside standard office hours in order to meet the needs of our clients.
This said, at Deloitte we measure the impact our people have, not the hours and location they spend sitting at a desk. If the working pattern you are looking for is not indicated above but you believe it will allow you to meet the requirements of the role then we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements. Your professional experience
Your service line: Financial Advisory
- Significant experience in the design or continuous improvement of fraud detection and prevention systems and processes in corporate or financial services environments
- Able to demonstrate an independent, pro-active and confident approach to managing project-based work. You define rather than gather requirements and can articulate and execute your own vision.
- Experienced leader of teams. You take responsibility for your teams' work and invest time in developing their capabilities.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. You are comfortable and adept at navigating competing priorities, resolving ambiguity and managing demanding expectations under pressure.
- Commercial focus and outlook. You understand the business problem and evaluate your work by reference to it.
- Highly articulate. You are able to communicate complex technical information and opinions clearly in written and verbal contexts.
- Exceptional and proven technical ability in one or more of the following areas:
- Use of SQL or other software / programming languages to create and analyse datasets
- Data analysis and visualisation tools (e.g. Excel, VBA, R, Python, Tableau)
- Network analytics and big data solutions (i2, Neo4j, Hadoop)
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, youâ€™ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? Itâ€™s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work â€" and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what weâ€™re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLFINA BAFRSC BAFTEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Â© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 177183