- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 16 Aug 18
GC IBCM M&A Lawyer # 114280
General Counsel is seeking to hire a lawyer based in London to join the team covering the EMEA Investment Banking & Capital Markets (IBCM) business. IBCM assists clients of Credit Suisse in achieving their objectives through M&A, debt, equity and other capital raising. Your primary coverage responsibility would be advising the M&A group in EMEA. In such role you will work closely with bankers at all levels across various jurisdictions throughout EMEA while also having the opportunity to develop and shape broader IBCM policies and practice.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Advice on commercial, reputational, structural and other deal-related issues for public and private M&A transactions when Credit Suisse is acting as a financial advisor.
- Advice regarding corporate broking and sponsor mandates.
- Review of engagement letters, fairness opinions and other transaction documentation.
- Advice to the firm's mandate commitment committee as well as its sponsor committee.
- Management of, and coordination with, external legal counsel.
- Working closely with General Counsel and other colleagues in developing policies and procedures with respect to the IBCM business as well as assessing the impact of regulatory and market developments.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- UK qualified lawyer.
- Extensive post-qualified experience at a leading law firm or similar sized bank (time spent in-house desirable but not essential).
- Significant experience with M&A transactions, including public M&A transactions (e.g. the Takeover Code), and UK Listing Authority transactions.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise high ethical and control standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders and colleagues.
- Well organized and the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.