Man Group has a new opening for a GLG Middle Office Analyst to specialise in Credit.
The Middle Office Accounting (MOA) function is primarily responsible for providing management and asset managers with fund MI, ensuring the integrity of the firm's capital and portfolio records, and oversight of the external fund administrators. They are responsible for supporting change and highlighting potential operational or valuation issues to the business.
- Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the pricing governance and controls are maintained through identification and mitigation of risks and the communication and documentation of any enhancement to the framework
- Apply technical understanding securities pricing across the GLG business
- Support the GLG business through complex transactions and liaise with Front Office, Operations, Compliance and other teams across Man
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders including Operations, Finance, Management, Business COOs and Technology leads
- Support new business, transitions and migration projects
- Represent the team on wider Man projects such as trading system enhancements and regulatory change integration
- Managing and coordinating new funds, closures and significant in- or out-flows of cash
- Review and analyse fund profit and loss accounts on a daily basis and report performance the Asset Manager
- Calculate Net Asset Value (NAV) of the funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and check accrued income and expenses. Provide intra-NAV estimates to the business as required
- Liaise with the fund administrators to reconcile final fund NAVs
- Prepare analysis and report to management, asst managers and other stakeholders on historic performance/trading, cost/fees and other information both and a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Attend meetings with administrators and pricing committees
- Review existing systems/processes/procedures and MIS to identify areas of possible improvement
Key Skills & Requirements
- Highly numerate, educated to degree level and CFA qualified - preferred
- Proven experience as a Middle Office Accountant / Product Controller from a top tier Investment Bank / Asset Manager
- Technical knowledge of Credit - Distressed / High Yield - essential
- A strong and demonstrable understanding of front to back system architecture along the trade lifecycle
- Proven management skills (people and projects) - preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Confident personality to liaise with various key stakeholders such as Front Office, Legal, Operations and clients - which is a fundamental part of the role
- Pro-active and highly motivated - desire to question beyond the basics, goal orientated and drives for resolution of problems
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Proactive in self-training
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer comprehensive, firm-wide employee benefits including competitive holiday entitlements, pension/401k, life and long-term disability coverage, group sick pay, enhanced parental leave and long-service leave. Additional benefits are tailored to local markets and may include private medical coverage, discounted gym membership and wellbeing programmes.