GPS Market Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
Global Payment Services (GPS), part of Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) offers payment processing services to global financial institutions worldwide with particular focus and strength in treasury settlements and commercial payments as well as the related liquidity products. GPS is a leader in meeting customers' direct settlement needs in USD and uses correspondent settlement services for the 23 currencies offered in the London Branch.
Reporting to the Head of Multicurrency GPS Technical Solutions, the GPS Market Consultant is responsible for the EUR and Global Currency payment and clearing products offered out of Wells Fargo London Branch, and sold to the Financial Institution (FI) market. In this position, the GPS Market Consultant will collaborate across the organization, coordinate, and partner with multiple business partners including; client consulting/sales, relationship management, network management, foreign exchange, marketing, technology, operations, customer care, implementation, compliance, risk, and legal.
The position is available in either Wells Fargo London Branch or the Wells Fargo International Dublin Branch. Responsibilities:
- Working with the Multicurrency Team Lead to define and execute the growth strategy for Wells Fargo's Multicurrency payment product globally.
- Working closely with the regional GPS Client Consulting teams to determine what new products/services are needed to further grow the product for their specific client base and create the business case and Project Initiation Request for budget cycle.
- Working closely with product management to create high-level requirements representative of our clients' needs and current competitor offerings.
- Representing Wells Fargo in Industry events, position and adapt EU services to local regulations e.g. Payment Service Directive II Phase II ensuring our multicurrency product set stays current with the industry and upcoming developments.
- Working with the Client Experience team to take ownership for optimizing customer satisfaction, work across the organization to maximize product revenue, control costs, improve efficiency, mitigate risk, and ensure compliance.
- Working with the Head of Multicurrency GPS Technical Solutions and marketing to ensure brochures, proposals, client presentations and other sales support materials are current, as well as provide technical consulting support during sales/client consulting calls, client seminars, roadshows, etc. in support of Multicurrency sales initiatives.
Market Skills and Certifications Skills/Experience Required:
- Medium level product knowledge of global payments services. Knowledge of global banking norms.
- Proven experience in product management covering international, cross border, large value, RTGS payments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EUR, GBP and multi-currency clearing
- Self- starter with a proven ability to work unsupervised
- Extensive proven payments experience with a global market focus on Financial Institutions
- Knowledge of European regulations, market practices, industry trends and competitive environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work across diverse teams including product management and development, sales, operations, IT, legal and compliance
- Proficient in the use of analytical tools such as spreadsheets and databases to conduct analyses
- Analytical capabilities utilized to identify root cause issues/improvement opportunities, and designing approaches/programs/products to address customer issues.
- Attention to detail is critical
- Results oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Solid time management skills
- Understanding and knowledge of USD clearing is a plus
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.