Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
First Line Risk & Control Team
First Line Risk & Control Team is part of the Operations Risk & Control pillar within the Operations division.
Operations Risk & Control’s purpose is to equip the Product Service pillars in Operations with a dedicated, pre-emptive first line control function which will enable Operations to meet internal and external (including regulatory) obligations.
First Line Risk & Control Team’s role is to provide dedicated risk & control oversight to product service pillars and execute the central control assurance function by driving the control agenda, sponsoring control themes across pillars, delivering control MI / risk reporting, owning control framework.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a member of the Central Control Assurance function;
Execute / conduct mailroom activities and internal control activities to support the Product Service pillars in Operations.
- Post handling - log and distribute incoming post /check outgoing post and manage DHL registered population
- Fax distribution - distribute incoming faxes
- General mail enquiries - handle multi-departmental post queries
- Archiving - ad-hoc archiving of documents / reports
Internal control activities
- Irregular transaction control
- Pending items control
- Key control & main vault access control
- Dormant account review
- Staff movement & control
- System access/privilege review
- Authorised signature control
- Delegation letter of authority
- Important Articles review
- Telephone recording review
- Self- inspection activities
- Able to demonstrate working in a high volume environment
- Understanding of Operations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Good input skills with a high degree of accuracy
Education / Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs grades A-C (including Maths and English)
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
PERFORMANCE AND DUTIES
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity’s performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
MANAGING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.