Generalist Compliance (AML focus) - Exclusive appt. c£45k
- bens + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 15 Oct 17 2017-10-15
My client, a global bank is looking for a generalist compliance officer to cover: * Application and maintenance of Policies & Procedures for AML and regulatory compliance. * Monitoring of compliance with policies and procedures.
My client, a global bank is looking for a generalist compliance officer to cover:
* Application and maintenance of Policies & Procedures for AML and regulatory compliance.
* Monitoring of compliance with policies and procedures.
* Assist in maintaining and promoting a compliance culture appropriate to meeting regulatory requirements and in line with industry best practice.
* Assist in maintaining and reviewing the Compliance Manual and associated staff guidance.
* Assist in maintaining and reviewing the AML Handbook and associated staff guidance
* Keep abreast of developments in relevant laws, regulations and guidelines.
* Provide advice to staff on compliance issues which arise on a day to day basis.
* Assist in carrying out compliance monitoring programme and report results of testing and details of any other significant compliance issues which emerge.
* Assist in maintaining logs of breaches and complaints and investigate them as required, reporting to the FCA and liaising with the Financial Service Ombudsman.
* Assist in the completion and submission of regulatory returns in accordance with the specified timescales for so doing.
* Assist in approving advertising and other promotional material to ensure it does not breach legal and regulatory safeguards.
* Check Compliance with the Bank's AML due diligence procedures for account opening and periodic reviews.
* Perform effective monitoring of transactions to highlight those requiring investigation and escalation in accordance with the Bank's procedure.
* With the MLRO/Nominated officer, receive and investigate fully reports from staff concerning money laundering suspicions and actual or attempted fraud.
* With the MLRO/Nominated Officer, prepare disclosure reports to NCA, as and when required.
* Assist with responses to requests for documentation and other requirements contained in court orders.
* Assist with the completion of periodic compliance checks.
* To ensure that changes to Terms and Conditions, Standard Tariff and interest rates paid to depositors are monitored and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Conduct of Business regulations, rules and guidance and that appropriate checklists are fully completed and retained.
* Completion of due diligence reviews of new prospective customers and periodic reviews of existing customers promptly.
* Completion of daily transaction monitoring reviews with the appropriate queries (including OFAC screening exceptions) and regular follow-up of outstanding queries.
* Review and update as necessary the Bank's Policy, as allocated by the Manager, Compliance
* Assist in the development of the annual Compliance Plan.
* Assist in completion of relevant sections of quarterly Compliance Reports
* Assist in the update of the Bank's Risk-Based Approach to AML Policy
* Investigate and prepare disclosure reports to the NCA promptly when required to do so.
* Adherence to the SMCR's COCON rules
Knowledge Skills Requirements:
* Experience gained in a financial services/banking environment.
* Technical ability and knowledge of relevant legislation and the FCA regulatory environment.
* Provision of advice to colleagues on AML related issues.
* Experience of the application of AML regulations to customer on-boarding, periodic reviews and across different banking products.
* Report writing skills.
* Articulate with good written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work to strict deadlines
* Good analytical skills, with a thorough and logical approach. Good eye for detail, yet able to take a broad view.
* Intelligent with an ability to apply concepts to different situations.
The Compliance Practice at Charles Levick support Permanent, Contract and Interim recruitment specialising in requisitions ranging from entry level Compliance Assistants through to Senior Level Appointments. Our focus spans Financial Services to include both Buy and Sell side Capital Market organisations, Private and Wealth Management, Insurance, Life and Pensions, Consultancy and Third Party Market providers.