- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 18
Global Account Specialist
Location: London, England, United KingdomThis role is responsible for working with the Relationship Managers and other product specialists to renew and grow an extensive account base, as well as helping drive the sales process by identifying and targeting prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure for MA's Research, Data and Analytics products and services.
- Partner with Relationship Managers to help drive the sales cycle which includes identifying and initiating new sales opportunities by prospecting new clients and leveraging off existing client relationships, sales presentations and contract negotiations across RDA products and services
- Support more senior relationship managers in servicing client accounts, identifying opportunities to cross sell other products based on identified client needs, particularly for ERS solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Assess needs of the client by gaining an understanding of the specific issues facing the client based on their business requirements
- Renew and grow the credit risk products, including; research, EDF's, default suite and structured finance.
- Ensure that new users and existing clients have a good understanding of products, using feedback obtained to secure renewals.
- Meet established sales targets, while creating new and enhanced customer relationships ensuring satisfaction.
- Work closely with Product Specialists, Product Strategists, Marketing Strategists and other employees within the organization to leverage their appropriate expertise to achieve sales growth.
- Assist in the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally
- Position requires travel.
The position is part of the Global Accounts Management Team within the Global Sales and Customer Service Group. The team is responsible for managing and growing overall client relationships within large financial institutions; including Investment Banks, Commercial Banks, Insurance companies and Asset Management firms.
- Bachelors' degree in Finance, Economics or related area.
- Experience in client services, sales support or market research.
- Understanding of quantitative credit models and risk analysis within the corporate environment.
- Experience with corporate credit risk processes is preferred.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as customer service experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to multi task and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Fluency in English is essential, additional European languages would be advantageous.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.