S&P Global Ratings The Role: Global Business Insights Associate The Team:
This role sits within the Customer Success and Sales Development team and is responsible for providing support to Sales to drive enhanced sales discipline, client engagement, and streamline internal/external reporting. The role is also responsible for working with OneCommercial groups from within organization to ensure that business processes and their supporting components are designed, implemented, and managed consistently and to the highest standards. This role reports to the Head of Customer Success and Sales Development. The Impact:
This role has a high impact on the entire OneCommercial organization as the insights generated by data-drive decisions have the potential to have a global effect on the way we do business across the world. Business Analytics can help businesses to gain a deeper understanding of their customer's behaviour and preferences, which can inform product development, marketing strategies, and customer engagement initiatives. What's in it for you:
This position offers a unique opportunity to play a global key role in shaping our success while ensuring well-governed processes and cross-functional collaboration. Working within the Customer Success and Sales Development organization is a great opportunity to engage with and gain exposure to all areas of the business, liaising with cross-functional team members, and global teams on a daily basis. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Conduct market research to identify industry trends, competitive landscape, and client satisfaction in the Ratings space
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute research projects, including surveys, focus groups, and customer interviews
- Create reports and presentations that communicate research findings, insights, and recommendations to senior leadership and stakeholders
- Analyze data from many sources and present key findings to improve products, customer experience, and other business metrics.
- Apply deep analytic and business skills to extract meaningful insights from large, complicated datasets.
- Gather business requirements from stakeholders and translate them into data and analytic requirements
- Actively participate to support senior members of the team in Business Insights activities.
- Utilize Salesforce as primary information platform and work cross-functionally to improve business intelligence
- Develop and deliver tools to support Commercial initiatives (e.g., Increase revenues, roll out of new products/services, tracking product rollouts/engagement).
- Utilize analytical skills to extract, clean, and analyze large datasets from various sources, including Sales, Marketing, customer behaviour, and NPS to gain valuable insights
- Prep, ingest, clean, and maintain data in our data warehouse
- Develop a thorough understanding of various business processes, data sets, and existing BI to partner with operations leaders to identify improvement opportunities
- Support market share and mindshare goals with the use of data or analysis performed by this role. Must be able to perform research and analysis independently.
- Assist with performing analysis, research, modelling, etc. as part of various proof-of-concept activities including building prototypes and assessing the appropriateness of the specific product capability.
- Understand market regulations to develop appropriate reporting and controls to identify, track and mitigate risk.
- Support user training on operational changes, including changes to systems and processes.
- An employee at S&P Global at this level would typically have 3 to 5 years' of experience working in a similar function.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in data analysis and interpretation and creation of data and insights-based reports
- Strong ability to present strategic insights to a variety of stakeholders at varying levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with Marketing, Sales/Client Services, Technology, and other Product teams to identify opportunities and challenges related to products/services as well as support for general inquiries.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of analytics on the Salesforce Platform (CRM Analytics) is desired in order to interpret and make data-driven recommendations.
- Experience with Pricing Strategy & Analysis is a differential
- STEM or business background and experience in Capital Markets and/or Rating Agencies is preferred
: Grade 10 (for internal purposes) Location:
Here at S&P Global we believe in offering a competitive transparent benefits package. In the UK this includes a Wellbeing Support Program, Recharge (S&P Global's flexible time-off approach under which there is no prescribed maximum amount of time off you can take), our hybrid working model, our Parental Leave, and Give Back Days (five days of paid leave per calendar year to spend volunteering in your community). We encourage you to ask about our benefits during our screening process with our talent acquisition team. S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
294960 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom