Global Capital Markets Summer Analyst Program
What you'll do
Global Capital Markets is part of the Global Corporate and Investment Banking Division (GCIB) at Bank of America.
DCM professionals originate, structure, risk manage and execute debt products, including bonds (across public and private markets), loans and acquisition finance. Our clients include corporates, sovereigns, supranationals, agencies and financial institutions. Post-origination, we continue to assist our clients with their ongoing debt portfolio management through liability management and derivative transactions.
ECM professionals originate, structure and execute equity capital raising products, including IPOs, rights offerings, accelerated placements, convertible bonds, hedging structures, margin loans and structured purchases/disposals.
Both Capital Markets groups work closely with Corporate Banking and Investment Banking (client coverage) and Global Markets (trading and distribution). Therefore, candidates who have a natural interest in both markets and corporate finance will find it a particularly rewarding environment.
As a summer analyst within GCM, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting DCM and ECM professionals with deal origination and execution across a diverse range of product areas
- Working as a product specialist with our clients at top management level to create and deliver financing solutions through ECM or DCM products
- Understanding market fundamentals and making market-informed contributions on an array of financing strategies that address clients' specific needs
- Designing tailored presentations for clients to outline solutions to their financing needs (e.g. general corporate financing, acquisition financing
- Working on live transactions and interact with clients and professionals from across the bank as you build your network and experience