Global Data - Bloomberg Mandates Analyst
You're the first of your friends to know about a major financial event. You build relationships quickly and effortlessly and have a real desire for a career in a client-facing role. You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You're a solution-provider; with a passion for digging deep to truly understand challenges and their causes.
Our Global Data Mandates team is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to develop and expand the scope of Bloomberg's Mandates product, a capital introductions service that matches institutional investors with managers of alternative investment funds. The role involves direct client reach out to find out what types of alternative funds institutional investors are currently searching to invest in. Demonstrated product knowledge and interest in the alternative investment industry as well as a strong passion for pursuing a career at Bloomberg is essential.
The successful candidate will be effective at developing and maintaining relationships with key decision makers through strong interpersonal skills. An existing network within the industry (defined as family offices, funds of funds, pensions, global consultants, endowments and foundations amongst other institutional investors) is very beneficial.
You are an individual who embraces hard work, acts with urgency and collaborates with those around you to move in the best direction possible. What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Source new investment mandates, maintaining the existing proprietary database, and liaising closely with the sales teams to effectively serve Bloomberg's Asset Owner Community.
- Support product development teams and work closely with engineering to ensure user experience and functionality aligns with client's expectations and overall product strategy.
- Regularly conduct client calls with institutional investors to understand their needs and motivations pertaining to their upcoming alternative fund investment interests.
- Collaborate to a lesser extent with alternatives funds mainly educating them on how to use the service and how to utilise Bloomberg's investor network to assist their capital raising activity
- Maintain clean and structured data on the Bloomberg terminal to ensure our clients have access to the best product possible.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-4 years of professional experience in an account management or sales role in financial services, alternatives fund exposure in your previous role is preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in financial market and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving ability
- The aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a constantly evolving environment
- Real ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management
- Effective research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships, including cold calling campaigns
- A highly relevant network of institutional investor contacts that invest/research alternative funds and a clear understanding of how they conduct their fund due diligence processes
- A broad understanding of both hedge fund and private markets fund strategies
- Interest to complete the CAIA qualification or similar in future if not already obtained
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.