Global Data - Earnings Estimates Data Specialist
Bloomberg runs on data and Data drives the markets. The Global Data team is responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
You have the proven ability to identify business needs and transform these into actionable, impactful projects that you lead through to success. You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You have a demonstrated knowledge of the financial industry coupled with an interest in process engineering and data analysis.
Our Global Data Earnings Estimates team is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to support and enhance the Earnings Estimates product, providing clients with consensus estimates that reliably represent the markets expectation of a listed stocks performance. In addition to providing timely, accurate, and comprehensive estimates data for our clients to make business decisions, analysts are able to showcase their subject matter expertise through superior customer service internally and externally.
The successful candidate will have a get it done attitude, embrace hard work, act with urgency and collaborate with those around you to deliver results. A strong passion for pursuing a career at Bloomberg is essential. What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Maintain clean and structured broker data on the Bloomberg terminal to ensure our clients have access to the best product possible.
- Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products.
- Function as a subject-matter-expert internally and externally by consulting others on the product.
- Provide exceptional customer support in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities/gaps in the product, run and transition proof of concepts and ad hoc work into long term capabilities.
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management.
- Train and mentor Data Specialists and Data Analysts.
- Manage vendor operations by handling escalations, conducting training, and managing other ad hoc projects.
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy.
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Finance)
- 2 years of relevant experience in either Finance or Data Analysis
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in financial market and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving ability
- The aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Effective research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Intimate understanding of how industry players utilize data to drive business decisions
- Expert-level knowledge of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Proven ability to innovate data products and processes
- Ability to influence others and lead change
- Demonstrated project management skills, CAPM, PMP and/or CSM preferred
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
Does this sound like you?
- Some programming knowledge (Python, SQL)
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.