Global Data - Technical Trainer
We work with purpose at Bloomberg, and we invite you to work with us! The Global Data Training Team is passionate about creating a culture of continuous learning closely tied to business goals. We are responsible for onboarding new hires into the GD Training Program and for continuing education for all employees in the department. The skill areas that we focus on teaching continue to evolve as we see dramatic shifts of technology related to Data Analysis, Data Science, and Data Engineering. This position is an opportunity to contribute to initiatives related to the transformation of the skills needed for our Data Analysts. What's the role?
As a Technical Trainer for this team, you'll specialise in the design, implementation and analysis of our data-focused technical training programs. You'll also have a chance to directly work with senior business leaders to determine the skills Bloomberg's data analysts will need in the future, and to help shape our training curriculum to meet those needs. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, training, program implementation and assessment. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Work closely with our senior technical trainer in order to support the implementation of various training programs:
- New Hire Technical Training
- Introduction to Data Analysis with Python
- Introduction to Data Analysis with SQL
- Introduction to Data Analysis with Qlik Sense
- Foundations of Data Modelling
- Git & GitHub Fundamentals
- Contribute to curriculum design for new courses teaching Data Analysis, Data Science, and Data Engineering skills;
- Collaborate with existing internal training initiatives to support peer learning and mentorship;
- Build relationships with SMEs across Global Data and departments such as Engineering & Financial Products to assist with curriculum design, new course implementation, documentation and accessing the necessary environments and set up to test and apply new skills;
- Create e-learning modules that will reach our global employee base for Data using Camtasia and/or Articulate Storyline;
- Deliver dynamic, technology-focused classroom and remote training experiences for new hires and existing employees;
- Carry out analyses of program outcomes and track efficacy over time;
- Promote and support external training vendors for technical skills development;
- Identify new resources to use for continuous development;
- Contribute to the curation of technical content on the GD Home Page and technical learning paths on Bloomberg University.
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel for elaborate data analysis;
- A good working knowledge of querying and aggregating data with SQL;
- A solid understanding of analysing datasets with Python, Jupyter, and the Python data analysis stack (pandas/numpy/matplotlib/seaborn);
- Interest in learning how to analyse data with a mainstream data visualisation tool (Qlik Sense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.);
- Collaborative and project management skills to work in partnership with subject matter experts and team leaders to assess training needs and develop curricula;
- A consistent track record as an engaging and innovative trainer.
If this sounds like you:
- Skills in developing video and e-learning modules;
- Experience in conducting training needs analysis and curriculum design;
- Experience with Data Engineering concepts and tools, including but not limited to version control with Git and GitHub, Python code style and standards (PEP8), and unit testing;
- Familiarity with statistical and machine learning modelling;
- A real passion for developing others and making technology accessible to all.
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll contact you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.