To support and manage the Global Equities Portfolio to maximise the value of the funds under management and measure against the relevant indices and make appropriate asset allocation recommendations. This role requires a robust individual who has the ability to face off to senior management when discussing investment strategy.
- Successfully manage sectors and securities portfolios with an emphasis on outperforming the relevant standard industry benchmarks via stock and sector selection in order to enhance the performance of the portfolios.
- Actively monitor markets and conduct fundamental analysis on the stock markets to ensure that all equity investment decisions are based upon sound investment methodologies within agreed levels of authority.
- Responsibility for the facilitation of placing trades
- Monitor and inform Senior Management of any investment in their area of responsibility which may from time to time be placed for strategic reasons.
- Experience in complex deal structures – legal agreements, trading arrangements
- To keep up to date with developments in current economic, financial and political matters, in addition to investment theory and practices, in order to apply good judgement to the markets through investment knowledge and analysis
- Manage relationships and work with external third parties to support equity investments.
- Between 7-10 years’ experience in ‘long only’ institutional fund management in the global equities market
- Evidence of strong track record over the past 1, 3 and 5 years
- A good understanding of modern portfolio theory and risk management techniques including quantitative techniques
- Knowledge of all components of complex deal structuring
- Proven track record in market analysis producing effective stock picking
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excel/Technological abilities
- Degree in Finance or a related field, CFA Charter Holder and or an MBA