Global FX Trader
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking a London-based Trader for its Global FX desk. The individual will be responsible for execution of foreign exchange transactions across developed and emerging markets. A key aspect of this role would be to work with analysts to manage existing FX exposures across PIMCO portfolios, including both active and passive positions. This individual will also help build out electronic execution infrastructure for foreign exchange products, including working with analysts, operations and technology teams. This position requires building strong working relationships with sell-side FX market-makers, electronic execution vendors and platforms. Trading volumes will likely be high and the ability to multitask effectively will be essential. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing transactions in foreign exchange across developed and emerging market currencies
- Manage existing FX exposures in all PIMCO funds, client portfolios and FX-hedged share-classes
- Help build out electronic execution infrastructure in foreign exchange spot and derivatives and partner with technology on ongoing process improvements
- Build and manage strong working relationships with sell-side FX market-makers, electronic execution vendors and trading platforms
- Prepare materials and presentations related to trade activity and market conditions, and write regular market commentary
- Combine market knowledge with macroeconomic and quantitative analysis to help generate trade ideas in FX across DM and EM
- Strong academic credentials and achievement, with quantitative acumen preferred. MBA preferred but not required.
- Good knowledge of FX and fixed income products.
- 2+ years of experience in FX execution trading capacity at a reputable buy-side institution preferred.
- Strong quantitative experience with developing, modifying, and using empirical investment models to analyze, compare, and contrast a diversity of market data and economic variables. Strong programming background, preferably in Python.
- Strong communications skills, internally and externally. Manage the flow of information from the markets to internal constituencies.
- Ability to remain calm and objective regardless of market volatility.
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to succeed in a high intensity environment.
- Ability to work across the organization with Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Account Managers in a collaborative manner.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office