A highly commercial finance role has been released by our client, a successful market-leading global financial services PLC. They are looking for a Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Finance Business Partner to provide 12 months of maternity cover. The position involves working with the company's key external Joint Venture partners and shareholders and internal stakeholders at CEO and senior management level. The role will go beyond standard FBP reporting and delve into how the business is capitalised/funded (key question: do we have enough funding?) and what a company is worth (anyone who has experience, or the ability, valuing companies would be useful).
- Candidates must be fully-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) ideally a min. of 5 years PQE with strong Finance Business Partnering or Financial Planning & Analysis experience
- Those who have worked in high-impact and visible finance business partnering and finance advisory roles to provide key MI and data to aid in senior level decision making. Candidates must have experience working at strategic level with the ability to communicate figures and analysis to form “big picture storytelling”.
- Both internal AND external stakeholder management experience (with current or previous External stakeholder engagement experience essential)
- Oracle and Hyperion a bonus but not essential
- Financial services experience highly beneficial
- Good grasp of IFRS
The role will report to the Group Head of Management Reporting with a daily working relationship with 2 key business divisions.
The Global Finance Business Partner will provide commercial and financial support to one of the division's CEO and the other division's head of department and their respective management teams during a period when both have high profiles, as key parts of the Group's strategy for growth.
The position entails working with management and regional finance to ensure appropriate financial support to new initiatives and appropriate control of the ongoing results.
- Preparation of monthly financials for both divisions to provide insight and aid the decision making of senior management internally
- Preparation of external monthly accounts for distribution to shareholders' banks.
- Attendance at board meetings to present and discuss financials
- Management of the monthly and annual cycles including Budgets and Forecasts
- Detailed review of and ad-hoc analysis on global P&L’s through interrogating regional inputs and liaison with regional controllers
- Lead financial input on commercial projects and new initiatives, including capital allocation decisions, shareholder agreement restructuring and acquisitions
- Review and management of treasury and regulatory capital requirements
- Input to and review of global cost allocation process
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of business partnering with multiple senior and non-finance stakeholders across the business
- Excellent presentation skills to Board level
- Strong organisational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Diligent and a high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and deliver high quality, well considered solutions
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and to support strategic change
- Conscientious, self-motivated, resilient and goal oriented
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to take decisions and implement
- Ability to develop new skills and understand new technology as required
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5+ years post qualification experience.
- Understanding of IFRS accounting policies.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge to advanced level is essential.
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion suite of analytical tools beneficial.