Global Financial Crime Commercial Banking Advisory Lead
- disc. bonus/benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Reporting directly to the Global Head of FCC CMB Advisory, the jobholder is responsible for providing specialist technical advice on FCC matters in relation to commercial banking.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Financial Crime Compliance team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
- Reporting directly to the Global Head of FCC CMB Advisory, the jobholder is responsible for providing specialist technical advice on FCC matters assigned to him/her in relation to CMB.
- The jobholder will be expected to provide SME advice on exceptional client situations, Relationship Management and Due Diligence.
- The jobholder will be the primary contact within the FCC Advisory Team for the purpose of managing key project implementations with implications across the Business and FCC
- The jobholder will support the Global Head of FCC CMB Advisory on the coordinating responses internally to Group General Managers, Executive and other Senior Management, and external parties in liaison with other areas of HSBC in relation to CMB client activities.
- The jobholder will act as Delegate to the Global Head of FCC CMB Advisory as instructed
- The jobholder will represent Global FCC CMB in committees as necessary
- The role has a strong influence and impact across CMB and therefore requires significant credibility and capacity to engage Senior stakeholders to ensure timely decision making.
To be successful in the role, it is likely that you will meet the following requirements:
- Strategic awareness and commercial acumen
- Expertise in Financial Crime areas re AML, ABC and Sanctions.
- Expertise in Change Management techniques
- Experience of dealing with Executive and Senior Stakeholders
- Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment, awareness of FATF / OFAC / JMSLG and Wolfsberg work-plans.
- Excellent analytical, judgemental and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently, with sometimes ambiguous data
- Knowledge of CMB businesses and products
- Ability to deputise for the Global Head of FCC CMB Advisory
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail.
For further details and application information please apply online
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.