Global Financial Crimes Programme Testing Analyst
Responsible for supporting the Global Financial Crimes Compliance Testing (“GFCCT”) function in performing deep dives and targeted risk-based thematic reviews of financial crimes compliance (AML, Sanctions, ABC) processes globally with an emphasis on the design and effectiveness of measures (controls) taken to monitor and mitigate financial crimes risk.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in conducting and supporting financial crimes compliance reviews for BTMU branches globally, that evaluate the effectiveness of existing financial crimes compliance as well as the design and implementation of relevant controls, such as escalation processes, documentation of policies and procedures, reporting, list screening, regulatory change management, governance framework, and training.
• Assist in developing test plans, scripts, procedures, and sampling methodologies that incorporate regulatory expectations, industry developments and lessons learned from regulatory finding and internally identify issues by compliance testing and internal audit
• Assist in implementation of a coordinated, consistent and risk-based AML, Sanctions and ABC testing program
• Assist in developing and maintaining quality control processes to drive adherence to Global Testing Standards
• Assist in the drive of central coordination, governance, and reporting, leveraging regional structures and best practices
• Assist in preparing/reviewing reports summarizing the objectives, scope, findings and conclusions of completed testing
• Assist in the validation of Management Action Plans designed to address remediation efforts and testing review findings
• Assist in the coordination with Issues Management for monitoring and tracking resolution of financial crimes testing findings
• Monitor developments, such as changes in the regulatory environment, which may necessitate ad hoc testing
• Support general compliance activities and other duties, including special projects as assigned
• At least 2 years of experience within the financial crimes area of a global bank, consulting firm or regulatory agency or/and;
• 2 years experience with performing compliance testing, quality control/assurance processes or internal/external audits (focus on Financial Crime Testing
• Base-line knowledge of financial crimes compliance laws and regulations.
• Excellent judgment and analytical skills
• Ability to learn quickly
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• BA/BS Degree; JD,CPA, and/or CAMS a plus