- £Six figure base + bens + bonus + shares GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclay Simpson
Global Head of Credit
My client is an expanding and successful challenger in the FX space. They are looking for a Global Head of Credit
This role will encompass the management of Credit Department globally, which underwrites uncollateralised / part collateralised risk arising from counterparty foreign exchange hedging. Principal responsibilities include maintaining and developing the existing Credit Dept infrastructure for the UK and a growing number of overseas offices (currently Gibraltar, Ireland, Romania, Spain, the US and Brazil). Motivate train and develop the existing credit team so that they are equipped to provide in depth analysis and recommendations based on financial and other sources of information for existing and prospective customers. The role includes customer meetings at CFO level, experience and competence in this regard is essential.
- Prepare applications and make recommendations highlighting all issues pertinent to the credit decision.
- Justify credit decisions, verbally and in writing.
- Give guidance and constructive feedback on the work produced by Credit team members.
- Use delegated authority in a manner that enables business growth whilst protecting the business from undue risk.
- Proven ability to assess the credit credentials of a broad range of counterparty types including SMEs, mid cap corporates, banking institutions not subject to rating agency oversight, NBFIs (including insurance Brokers, Funds, Fund managers and MSBs). Customer due diligence meetings frequently form part of the assessment process
- Prepare for and attend Risk Committee displaying a comprehensive understanding of the portfolio to the executive and non-executive boards.
- Ensure all customer and internal correspondence are of the highest quality
- Ensure all files, paperwork and systems are maintained in line with Company standards
- Ensure Company procedures and policies are followed at all times, including Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures
- Success in the role includes developing and maintaining strong and effective working relationships with senior colleagues from across the business.
- Partnering with internal business unit MD's and Senior Sales Executives, developing and maintaining a collaborative working environment between the credit function and business units.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Prior experience at manager level with staff responsibility, within a Credit Department at a financial institution
- Professionally trained and on the job acquired people management and development skills
- SME corporates
- AIM and other listed entities
- A wide range of customer industry sectors including airline, tourism, IT infrastructure and services, food supply chain, clothing, O&G
- Private equity backed transactions
- Complex group structures
- Small / Private bank analysis for entities unlikely to be covered by the major rating agencies
- Insurance underwriting, run off and broking sectors
- Funds and fund managers
- Knowledge of some or all of the overseas markets in which the business has a presence would be a distinct advantage – willingness to travel to these and other potential new office locations.
- Language skills – a distinct advantage
- Experience in a demanding dealing room environment - preferable
- Sound knowledge of foreign exchange markets including structured option products including risk and suitability factors
Skills and Competencies:
- Relationship building with people at all levels of seniority
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and to tight deadlines
- Good organisational skills including prioritisation
- Clear communicator, written and verbal
- Proficient IT skills, excellent Excel skills
- Commercial acumen and proven sound judgement including use of subjective factors
- Attention to detail
- Finance based degree or similar
• Approachable and personable
• Personal drive
• Team player