Global Investment Research, Biotech Research Analyst, Vice President, London
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be responsible for covering emerging companies in the European biopharma sector and also have an opportunity to work closely with other senior analysts in Pharma teams to analyze companies and stocks within the sector and the factors that affect the industry as a whole.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Researching and critically analyzing market information
- Auditing company and industry data and statistics
- Assisting in compilation and writing of thematic sector and company research reports and investment recommendations for our clients -
- Building and maintaining financial models using advanced Excel
- Preparing pre-results and post results updates on companies
- Developing relationships with internal and external clients including company Investor Relations departments
- Handling requests for information from clients and other Goldman Sachs divisions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Good understanding of the global biopharma industry
- Previous equity research experience is desirable
- Multitasking ability and commercial skill set
- Demonstrates interest in international markets
- High degree of client service
- Team oriented, excellent and proactive communicator with strong organizational skills
- Quick thinker who can react in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity