Global Investment Research, Business Analyst, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
Goldman Sachs' Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyse financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY
The successful candidate would be working closely with senior analyst in the Banks team to analyse companies and stocks within the financial services sector and the factors that affect the industry as a whole.
- Researching and critically analysing market information
- auditing company and industry data and statistics
- assisting in compilation and writing of thematic sector and company research reports and investment recommendations for our clients
- Building and maintaining financial models using advanced Excel
- Preparing pre-results and post results updates on companies
- Developing relationships within internal and external clients including company Investor Relations departments
- Handling requests for information from clients and other Goldman Sachs divisions
- Strong quantitative, analytical and technical skills - experience in Excel and working with financial models
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - both verbal and written
- Fluency in Spanish, Italian, or French would be an advantage
- Desirable background(s) could include ACA qualified or part qualified or CFA qualified
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.