Global Market Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Global Market Risk Manager
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: Market Risk
Are you seeking to take the next step in a risk-focused career? Here in our London office we are looking for a Global Market Risk Manager to join our Market Risk team.
You will be responsible for identifying, managing and communicating market risk exposures. The role involves handling significant risk positions and performing quantitative and qualitative analysis. It also requires a deep understanding of risk management practices in FICC markets and appreciation for financial products.
You will work closely with the trading Desk and with various support partners (including Compliance, Middle Office, Operations, Technology or Finance) to enhance our overall risk management capabilities. Other core responsibilities include real-time monitoring and communication of the financial markets and understanding of market dynamics.
The role is within the FICC Market Risk team with coverage across several asset classes.
As a Global Market Risk Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Identifying and analysing all significant risks across the lines of business and ensure senior business partners are kept informed
- Reporting and monitoring positions against Market Risk limits. Liaising closely with the business to detail any overages and set limits
- Reviewing risks related to new products, non-standard trades, structured deals and new business strategies. Working with business partners and other support functions to assess the risks and ensure they are within the firm's risk appetite
- Identifying risk concentration under which the business could incur material losses
- Validating and producing information that is distributed to the regulators
- Assisting in ad-hoc risk related queries, drill down analysis, VaR analysis or risk trends
- Contributing to the development of the Market Risk team and to the positive working environment
- Opportunity to work on key projects for the Market Risk organization
- Representing the team in cross functional projects - migration and larger scale system changes
As a Global Market Risk Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree in numerate subjects (e.g. engineering, maths, physics, economics) or equivalent experience
- Market Risk management experience at a top financial institution
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Proficient in Excel (VBA skills helpful and database management
- Ability to build solid relationships whilst maintaining independence
- Ability to handle disputes, negotiate with traders and will not shirk from enforcing difficult decisions
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently with keen attention to detail
- General knowledge of the risks and dynamics of emerging markets
- Understanding of regulatory environment affecting financial industry
- An effective teammate
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highly motivated with the drive and potential to learn from others
- Excellent communication skills
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.