Global Markets Audit Manager - Global Investment Bank - City/London - Up to £90,000 - £95,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Minimal Travel
- Up to £90,000 - £95,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Minimal Travel
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- LH Partners
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
The prime purpose of this role is to Plan, Project Manage and Execute the following audit reviews as detailed in the annual Internal Audit Plan: • Global Markets (Commodities, Fixed Income, Equities) and Investment Banking front to back integrated audits. • Functional audits focused on Compliance or Operations processes. • Assisting with cross-portfolio audits reviewing Risk, Finance or HR processes. • To carry out other ad hoc reviews and investigations as requested by management
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Planning and execution of audit work and reporting the results to management in London.
- Conduct ad hoc reviews and special investigations as requested from time to time by management.
- To ensure audit work is documented in accordance with internal and professional standards.
- Maintain leading edge industry knowledge and technical competence.
- To provide cost-effective and value added recommendations to management and contribute to enhancing the overall control environment.
- To ensure that audit reporting addresses all key control weaknesses.
- Provide input to the quarterly risk assessment and annual planning process.
- To develop effective ongoing relationships with line management.
- Providing assurance in other locations. Whilst the job will primarily be London based, there are a number of overseas locations in which audits may be scheduled. It is not anticipated that the travel requirement will exceed 15%
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Strong university degree in any discipline.
- ACA or equivalent qualification (or ACCA, CIMA, CIA, IIA).
- Big 4 with a good level of post qualification experience preferably in the Financial Services area OR extensive experience of working in Internal Audit, auditing Global Markets trading products and the related control environments within Financial Services.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise:
- A proven track record of understanding of processes and controls, within Risk, Finance and Human Capital functions, and preferably within a Global Markets (including Commodities) product trading environment.
- Deep knowledge of current industry practices in operational risk and compliance matters and understanding of recent regulatory developments, including Basel 3, CRD IV, Dodd Frank, EMIR.
- A flexible individual with an ability to undertake a varied portfolio of audits is required. The individual will need to demonstrate a track record of being adaptable and tackling new subject areas independently.
- The job holder should be a self-starter with sufficient experience as to be able to undertake assignments with limited supervision.