- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Sep 18
Global Markets, Equities, Advanced Execution Services, Sales Trader, ANL or ASO, London, #118961
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients-and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together
The AES Sales Trading desk supports one of the market leading algorithmic suites, enabling Credit Suisse's clients to execute electronically across European markets. The desk is staffed by registered traders who leverage their knowledge of trading via algorithms to assist users with their real-time trades. Constant communication with Top Tier buy side dealers is part of the everyday running of the desk. As well as disseminating trading advise, it is also expected to promptly deal with ad-hoc client enquiries such as connectivity, commissions, settlements, corporate actions, swap give-ups, and more.
Looking for a Sales Trader to work within the AES team. The individual will expected to step in and work with the rest of the desk to cover European clients that trade via AES. The candidate will need to be able to react promptly and in a proactive manner to deal with client demands in an efficient and controlled nature. You will be required to liaise with various internal departments in order to respond effectively to a wide variety of tasks.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working in a controlled manner when dealing with multiple live trading queries.
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on level of importance in a timely manner.
- Liaising with support areas regarding amendments of trades (give-ups, commission changes, settlement issues, IT configuration, etc.)
- Managing any end of day positions on books ensuring no risk on the desk and any issues are resolved.
- Dealing with corporate actions and other tasks expected of a junior member of the desk.
- Liaising with COO's and LCD on any new business or client conflicts.
You will also be expected to proactively identify and suggest process improvements, enhancements and ideas to increase efficiency on the desk. Additionally, you will be expected to pass all of your registration exams in a timely manner.
- The AES desk provides coverage from 6:45am to 5.30pm
- Travel to visit clients on a regular basis.
- Trading related Experience
- Good understanding of financial services, markets, and trading strategies.
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks and queries
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Proven record in working effectively as part of a small team
- Self-motivated and a diligent working style
- European Passport
- Fluent in English plus a minimum of one other European language (preferably Spanish, German or French)
- Registration as a trader on European exchanges.
- Experience and good understanding of algorithms
- Good understanding European markets structure and exchange regulations
- Good understanding of the technical process and systems including Corporate Actions, Reuters
- Understanding FIX language
- Experience in post execution analysis
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.