- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Apr 18
Global Markets, Equities and Prime Services - HOLT, ANL/ASO, London #111163
HOLT is a value-based, return on capital framework proprietary to Credit Suisse that provides clients with unique and differentiated insights into corporate performance and valuation. The HOLT methodology is based on the proprietary Cash Flow Return on Investment (CFROI ® ) metric that eliminates distortions in accounting statements giving investors a unique perspective to benchmark corporate performance across time and geography.
The HOLT Lens TM online platform provides an objective view on over 18,000 companies in 65 countries worldwide, allowing investment managers to focus on their core competency: investment decision-making.
HOLT has a proven track record of over 30 years and is one of the most highly respected corporate performance and valuation frameworks available in the market place today. It is used in Investment Management, Corporate Consulting, and Research Analyst environments across global equity markets. Specifically HOLT works with c. 550 clients globally, ranging from traditional long only investors to Hedge Fund managers.
Position: Credit Suisse HOLT is looking for exceptional Associate/Analyst level candidates to join their HOLT Sector Specialist team as a Generalist to help lead Specialists maintain the model for their respective coverage, as well as help create insights/research on companies leveraging the HOLT framework.
Credit Suisse HOLT team structure
The Credit Suisse HOLT team has 2 groups that work together to service clients:
- The Valuation & Analytics Group is responsible for building unique sector expertise and providing differentiated market insights to clients. In addition, the team is responsible for maintaining the HOLT model/database, model innovation, generating insights and supporting clients. The Group also develops custom solutions and investment strategies based on HOLT factors.
- The HOLT Sales Group is responsible for servicing existing clients, expanding the client base and maximizing the opportunities for revenue generation.
- Develop an expertise in the necessary accounting adjustments to eliminate accounting distortions in sectors under coverage, and help maintain the model and data adjustments to ensure the quality of the HOLT database.
- Extracting insights from the HOLT model to generate industry and company specific insights for clients. This entails building a sound knowledge of both the HOLT framework and the economics of the sector in order to aid in the delivery of insights to clients.
- Understand market signals and how they apply to the fundamental and quantitative investment process.
- Utilize model building, valuation, and analytical skills to provide clients with integrated investment solutions and/or idea generation.
- Build and maintain a client network through client meetings, conferences, and bespoke projects to drive revenues.
- Collaborate with a wide range of teams within Credit Suisse (Equity Research, Cash Sales, Credit Suisse Private Bank, etc.) to create incremental business for the bank by providing clients with the best, most comprehensive service possible.
- Assist in creating marketing materials designed to raise clients' awareness of the team's new products, services and ideas.
Key attributes for Sector Specialist include :
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance (Accountancy or CFA qualification a positive but not a pre-requisite).
- 0-5 years relevant industry (finance/accounting) experience.
- A keen interest in capital markets and learning how markets work.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Fluent written and spoken English (second major European language a plus).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills (individual interaction as well as presentations to large groups), and working knowledge of Bloomberg, FactSet, MS Office; advanced knowledge of Excel a plus.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, team-oriented and demonstrate an ability to work in a time sensitive environment.