- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 25 Mar 19
Global Markets (Equity Research), HOLT Sector Specialist, ANL or ASO, London #123599
CREDIT SUISSE HOLT BACKGROUND
HOLT is a value-based, return on capital framework proprietary to Credit Suisse that provides clients with unique and differentiated insights into corporate performance and valuation. The HOLT LensTM online platform provides an objective framework for comparing and valuing over 20,000 companies globally, allowing investment managers to focus on their core competency: investment decision-making. The HOLT methodology corrects subjectivity by converting Financial Statement information into a CFROI return, providing a clearer and more consistent measure of performance than traditional accounting measures, and enabling investors to make more confident investment decisions.
HOLT has a proven track record of over 30 years and is one of the most highly respected corporate performance and valuation frameworks available in the market place today. It is used in Investment Management, Corporate Consulting, and Research Analyst environments across global equity markets. Specifically HOLT works with nearly half of the world's largest asset management companies, including Equity managers, Hedge Funds, Wealth managers.
HOLT offers an online platform called HOLT LensTM, investment products and consulting services.
CREDIT SUISSE HOLT TEAM STRUCTURE
The Credit Suisse HOLT team has 2 groups that work together to service clients:
• The Valuation & Analytics Group is responsible for building unique sector expertise and providing differentiated market insights to clients. In addition, the team is responsible for maintaining the HOLT model/database, model innovation, generating insights and supporting clients. The Group also develops custom solutions and investment strategies based on HOLT factors.
• The HOLT Sales Group is responsible for servicing existing clients, expanding the client base and maximizing the opportunities for revenue generation.
Position: Credit Suisse HOLT is looking for exceptional Associate/Analyst level candidates to join their HOLT Sector Specialist team in London.
SECTOR SPECIALIST - RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ATTRIBUTES
The key responsibilities and duties of the Sector Specialist role are as follows:
• Develop an expertise in the necessary accounting adjustments to eliminate accounting distortions in sectors under coverage, and help maintain the model and data adjustments to ensure the quality of the HOLT database.
• Extracting insights from the HOLT model to generate industry and company specific analyses for clients. This entails building a sound knowledge of both the HOLT framework and the economics of the sector in order to assist clients with their investment process and to aid the delivery of insights to clients.
• Build and maintain a client network through client meetings, conferences, and bespoke projects to drive revenues.
• Collaborate with a wide range of teams within Credit Suisse (Equity Research, Cash Sales, Credit Suisse Private Bank, etc.) to create incremental business for the bank by providing clients with the best, most comprehensive service possible.
Key attributes for Sector Specialist include:
• A keen interest in capital markets and learning how sectors/companies operate.
• Strong knowledge of accounting and finance (Accountancy or CFA qualification a positive but not a pre-requisite).
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Fluent written and spoken English (second major European language a plus) to generate client facing reports.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills (individual interaction as well as presentations to large groups)
• Candidates should be self-motivated, team-oriented and demonstrate an ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg, FactSet, Eikon, MS Office; advanced knowledge of Excel, Programming (SQL, Python, MATLAB, R) a plus.
This role will require ongoing certification under the certification regime.