Global Markets Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 May 18 2018-05-23
Global Markets Risk Manager
Corporate Title: Director
Line of Business: Counterparty Portfolio Management
Are you keen to take the next step in your Global Risk career? Here in our London office we are looking for a Global Market Risk Manager to join our Counterparty Portfolio Management (CPM) Market Risk Management team.
The CPM Market Risk Management team is responsible for the analysis and oversight of market risk taken by the CPM trading desk (which deals with handling and hedging the risk associated with derivatives valuation adjustments, such as CVA and FVA).
As a Global Market Risk Manager you will be responsible for making yourself aware of all significant exposure, and for performing qualitative and quantitative analysis of all material positions and risks. You will also be assessing a broad spectrum of risks, predominantly market risk but also operational, credit, and counterparty risks should these types of risks exist.
This role will require from you close interaction with the trading desk and other risk and support groups (i.e. Finance, Middle Office, Technology, etc.) therefore you will be expected to build extraordinary relationships with multiple business stakeholders while maintaining independence. Product knowledge and quantitative skills are necessary in order to be successful in this role.
As a Global Market Risk Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Reviewing market risk positions, particularly under potential risk scenarios, and raise challenges to the desk if necessary. Liaising closely with the businesses to understand market trends and to report exposure under different market conditions
- Proposing to senior management appropriate market risk limits for the trading floor within the our risk appetite
- Helping enhance our risk management capabilities
- Reviewing risks related to non-standard or structured trades and new products. Collaborating with the business and other support functions to determine the nature and size of risks and ensure they are within the firm's risk appetite
- Contributing to the development of the risk team and to the positive work environment
- Providing detailed explanations of the market risk of the desk, both internally to senior management and the CPM trading desk, and externally to the Bank's regulators
As a Global Market Risk Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Excellent knowledge of derivative products with validated quantitative skills
- Shown experience in Capital Markets
- Solid communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Excellent work ethic and the ability to make things happen
- Willing to analyse exposure and risk reports in-depth daily and follow-up on significant changes.
- The team is located on the trading floor. You will therefore be able to build good relationships with the business while maintaining independence
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.