Global Martkets Division - Quantitative Engineer, FICC SMM IRP Strats, Associate/VP, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
In SMM, we look to our Engineers to own the business, rather than support it. As a systematic trading group, we aim to leverage best-in-class technology and quantitative approaches to produce scalable and repeatable returns across the assets we trade, as well as innovation in how the division provides liquidity to the client franchise. We are looking for a Quantitative Engineer in London, with a passion for using technology to drive commercial results, to focus on building our electronic Rates business. The team structure is designed to embrace hybrid skillsets across software development, quantitative research and trading. OUR IMPACT GLOBAL MARKETS
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor. SYSTEMATIC MARKET MAKING - RATES
FICC SMM is a global cross-asset systematic market making business covering FX, Commodities, Interest Rates, and Credit. As an automated trading business, SMM manages both the financial and operational risks of this business.
SMM Rates focuses on providing liquidity to clients, primarily via electronic channels, in Bonds, Swaps, Futures and ETFs. Our mission is to grow the franchise, increase innovation across the division, generate standalone revenues and run the business in a truly systematic fashion such that required human involvement/intervention scales sub-linearly with the number/volume of products we trade or clients we serve. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL Role Responsibilities
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- Development of automated quoting, risk-management and hedging algorithms for the electronic Rates franchise in EMEA, working as part of a global team.
- Quantitative analysis of inquiry data and market tick-data to optimize the quoting and hedging systems.
- Generate and research ideas for system enhancements that drive commercial performance.
- Working with sales and technology teams and constantly iterating to ensure our connectivity and access to liquidity evolves with the market.
- Understand the regulatory and supervisory environment and demonstrate ownership of our obligations and responsibilities under this.
- Strong academic background in Computer Science or an analytical field such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics etc.
- Strong software engineering background.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and draw commercial conclusions.
- History of productive interaction with other groups, especially sales, trading and other technology teams.
- Experience building Java-based systems in a Linux environment, with strict requirements for low-latency (microseconds count) and deterministic performance.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Relevant markets/securities/trading experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience with Python for big-data analysis.
- Low-latency messaging, network protocols, network I/O in Java, JNI.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity