Global Product Management
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen - A TIAA Company
- 12 Jun 18 2018-06-12
The Global Product Management professional will participate in the development, commercialization and business strategy of a growing range of equity, fixed income and alternative investment products for institutional and intermediary investors across the globe. In addition, the Product Manager will be responsible for assessing and maintaining the efficiency and competiveness of the product range from an investment and business perspective. The Product Manager will achieve results through idea generation and collaboration with business stakeholders, including investment and distribution teams, legal, marketing, operations, and finance personnel.
- Propose and develop new investment products on the basis of market demand, competition, internal capabilities, profitability, and strategic direction of the firm; conduct analysis of new product initiatives with key stakeholders; establish product strategy and define appropriate benchmark(s); create materials for and lead internal governance/approval process.
- Drive overall development cycle for new products through coordination of cross-functional teams, planning, management and timely execution of all steps through to launch.
- Lead structuring of products or accounts plus implementation of any subsequent changes, working closely with functional groups and client servicing teams.
- Oversee, monitor, and evaluate products for performance, style consistency, and profitability, undertake all product management activities across the fund range.
- Create product plans that evaluate and refine assigned products, investment vehicles, and their distribution, based on financial, market, and operational considerations; such plans will include implementation, marketing and sales components; recommendations may include closure, merger and/or restructuring of existing products.
- Serve as subject matter expert, providing guidance and detailed product information to marketing, sales, and clients for due diligence questions, client servicing, offering memoranda, and other purposes.
- Manage vendor support, establish and oversee governance/operational framework and procedures for assigned products, liaise with fund governing body (Manco or Board of Directors), prepare meeting information packs.
- Monitor regulatory environment, ensure products are designed to be fully compliant at all times with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Research the market, identify investment trends/themes, and incorporate competitor analysis, product flows, and client feedback into product and capital raising strategies.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of  years’ experience in the asset management industry and a structuring role, with particular expertise in the development and delivery of regulated UCITS products, non-UCITS (in the form of on- and offshore alternative investment funds) and segregated managed account solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of equity, fixed income and alternative investment strategies (including private equity, private debt and real assets).
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle, proven ability to work with cross-functional teams in the implementation of product initiatives, manage and deliver new products or product changes within a large, complex organization.
- Ability to articulate views on business opportunities, investment strategies and product structures, demonstrate awareness of tax, portfolio management, investment process, regulatory, risk and operational requirements as they relate to products.
- Familiarity with distribution strategies, client channels and customer segments, databases (Morningstar, Lipper).
- Effective communicator, with strong verbal and written skills, ability to build relationships across internal business groups, functions, external providers, fund governing bodies, at all levels of management.
- Excellent project management, time management and planning skills, key attributes to be highly-organised and solution oriented, with a good eye for detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong client presentation and analytical skills, proficiency with MS Excel, Powerpoint.
- Cultural fit and desire to work in a team environment.
- BA/BS, specializing in finance, investments, law or engineering required, advanced degree (Masters) is preferred.
- CFA or CAIA designation a plus.