Global Sales Engineer
Why is our Global Sales Engineering team the next step for you?
Part of Worldpay's success and rapid growth is a result of our teams functioning like well-oiled machines that strive for continual improvement. Once we gain a new customer, our teams have to work together seamlessly in order to deliver stellar service that gets our clients up and running as quickly as possible. Our Sales Operations team members are specialists in communicating our customers' needs to the right teams at Vantiv, ensuring nothing but the best experience from sale to implementation and beyond.
The Global Sales Engineer makes an impact on the business by being the bridge between pre-sales technical support and the implementation of our more complex productions, applications and solutions. Equipped with an in-depth knowledge of our systems and products, he/she will provide technical expertise to not only our Sales staff, but also our customers and clients. When we give our colleagues and our clients the tools they need, our team members see and feel the impact they have on the company's continued growth. The Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
What will make you the ideal candidate?
- Provides primarily pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions.
- Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions.
- Creates detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products, applications and solutions.
- May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
- May provide consultation and/or product capability assessment and validation to prospective users.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Has expert level knowledge of company products and services and may be tasked with introducing new products.
- Responsible for selling the company's products or services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
You will have a proven track record in a sales engineer role within an ERP background. Ideally you will have worked with either Oracle or SAP ERP and have payment understanding. You have been customer facing in order to support the sales team and also have technical understanding for the evaluation pre-contract. You will also need to be highly flexible in your approach and be independent to drive your performance to achieve targets. We would love for you to have either a background or passion in payments or an ambition to dive into this booming industry.
We are looking to hire someone in either our London or Amsterdam office or homebased in Germany or France. We are looking for bilinguals with either Dutch, French or German as a second/ native language. Why Worldpay?
Worldpay has merged with Vantiv Inc. to create a new global leader in payments. The new Worldpay will have the scale, the reach and the resources to take our success story to another level. This move allows us to expand further into high growth markets, deliver innovation at scale and above all, brings together exceptional talent and a shared passion that will help propel us forward to the next chapter of our collective story.
Our technology enables billions of payments to be made each year whether online or in person. Working with customers large and small we help them to take payments quickly, safely and reliably, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process.