Global Trading Business Manager, Vice President
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Global Trading Business Manager
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Global Trading team within the Trading, Investments and Platform group (T&P) is seeking a business manager to support trading activities in EMEA and APAC. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to interact effectively across regions with traders from all asset classes, portfolio managers and multiple internal groups to deliver key strategic projects related to trading. A fundamental knowledge and keen interest in capital markets and on-going developments in the changing landscape of trading are preferred.
- Represent trading in broader firm wide strategic initiatives (eg MiFID II and Brexit)
- Support region specific initiatives such as new markets expansion in EMEA and APAC
- Manage trading initiatives working closely with key business partners such as risk, legal, compliance, audit, operations and technology to ensure timely completion
- Continue to innovate the trading process through technology development and eliminating process inefficiencies
- Promote and organize necessary training on firm, business policies and procedures
- Drive discussions around operating events and process improvements to help mitigate operational risk and improve trading efficiency
- Manage budget, headcount and adherence to T&E guidance across trading teams
- Self-starter with high energy, motivation, a commitment to excellence and positive approach to market challenges
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- Ability to work well with people and drive consensus decision making
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency are vital
- Critical thinker with ability to understand and translate complex issues
- Ability to articulate and translate ideas into audience appropriate communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated interest in global capital markets
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the asset management industry a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.