Global Wholesale Bank - AVP Internal Audit Manager - Up to £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Excellent Work-Life Balance
- Up to £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Excellent Work-Life Balance
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- LH Partners
- 15 Oct 18
Our client is a global mid-size wholesale bank who has been well-managed over the last 15 years, achieving growth while offering a stable environment for its employees. The audit function is now recruiting for a senior internal audit position and are ideally looking for an experienced banking auditor who would like to move to a role that offers no travel and good work-life balance (they finish at 5:00pm) while offering a nice team and positive working environment.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. IIA, ACA, ACCA or a degree)
- Banking audit experience (can be from Retail, Private, Corporate or Investment banking) – credit, trade services/finance or financial markets experience an advantage.
- Experienced banking profile with good communication skills who would like more of a lifestyle move rather than one motivated by career progression
To support the Internal Audit Department management team in providing independent, reliable and valued assurance to the various stakeholders over the adequacy, effectiveness and sustainability of controls mitigating key risks and in so doing enhancing the controls culture within the bank.
- Assist the Internal Audit management team in conducting risk assessments and developing the annual audit plan.
- Participate in the ongoing assessment of the Bank’s control environment and form an opinion as to how effectively the business is managing risk.
- Lead audit assignments across the Bank in accordance with the annual audit plan and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and develop recommendations to strengthen controls and improve the quality of operations.
- Undertake relationship management with allocated business areas.
- Utilise existing and develop new areas of specialism such as corporate lending, trade related business, and financial markets activity and produce and manage a programme of ongoing audit work to provide audit assurance.
- On an assignment basis produce an audit programme for agreement with audit management and then execute the programme in accordance with procedures, communicating audit issues and findings to the auditee and developing agreed actions to address the control weaknesses identified. Completion of the audit report.
- Perform periodic follow up on audit report responses.
- Assist the Internal Audit management team in carrying out any other relevant work.