Graduate Accounting Analyst - 9 month contract
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 06 Aug 18 2018-08-06
A fantastic opportunity for a new graduate to expand and improve their skills within an Investment Bank. This role is ideally for a new graduate with great attention to detail, good communication skills and the ability to pick up concepts quickly. This role is to support the “Making Tax Digital” project. This will entail supporting the financial controllers to ensure compliance with the “Making Tax Digital for VAT” legislation.
- Focusing on the implementation of making tax digital:•Support upgrades, improvements, testing, validation and overall system performance.
- Liaising with the VAT advisory team to help specify data requirements and testing output during UAT.
- Assist with user acceptance testing and parallel run checking
- Ensure system reconciliations are in place and working correctly
- Assist with analysing and mapping the data
- Support the design of test plans and scenarios to prove system and device functionality
- Support for financial control and reporting task as required
Market Skills and Certifications
•VAT knowledge experience would be desirable but not essential
•Excellent oral and written communication skills
•Attention to detail
•Degree educated – Minimum 2.1
•Strong excel skills as advantage
•Experience of working on projects to tight deadlines
•Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with a team structure
•Good problem solving skills
•Good time management & organisational skills
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.