EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Graduate Derivatives Utility Analyst - Canary Wharf (September start)
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 17 Mar 18
FIS' Derivatives Utility was designed to help global capital markets firms better adapt to market challenges by enabling market participants, including futures commission merchants (FCMs), to achieve greater efficiencies by leveraging economies of scale in middle- and back-office processing and technology.
We are offering graduates an exciting opportunity to join our Derivatives Utility, based in Canary Wharf. You will join an experienced team ultimately focused on producing risk analysis for our clients. You will rotate through our margining, trade breaks and deliveries teams - gaining exposure to all aspects of the Derivatives Utility business. Additionally, you will gain valuable experience in relation to the broader risk management function in the derivatives industry.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking motivated individuals with excellent organisational, interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills:
• Proactive, enthusiastic and looking to be challenged!
• Keen interest in finance, technology, and innovation
• Aspiring to develop a successful career with a leading financial technology company!
Training & Development
Your development is important to us and we will support your learning needs with a robust programme of online, classroom and on-the-job training.
Upon joining FIS, you will attend the core graduate training week designed to provide you with an overview of how our organisation is structured, our technology and the markets we serve. Additionally, you will attend training sessions focused on professional skills that you will build on throughout your career.
The Utility rotational programme has noted assessment points built in, to allow for a review of your progression and to identify and gauge your strengths and interests. You will become a specialist and will work on challenging projects in a stimulating environment, learning from some of the most talented and knowledgeable people in their fields.
As you rotate through the different teams your responsibilities will vary and typically include:
• Client relationship management - maintaining an active dialogue with front office, middle office, control, and client service teams to resolve queries
• Risk management - working with various applications to mitigate risk for FIS and our clients
• Trade Management- Handle diverse pre and post-clearing processes with exposure to Clients, Brokers, Exchanges/Clearing Houses
• Life Cycle Management - Partner with the settlements teams to ensure all physical contracts are settled on the required date
• Cash and Collateral Management- Post assets (cash and securities) in line with agreed legal terms to exchanges/clearing houses
• Reconciliations and Break resolution - Investigation and resolution of all trade and position breaks across cleared derivatives markets
• User Acceptance Testing - Line testing of key applications for bug fixes, enhancements, upgrades, CCP and exchange releases, new product offering
What are we offering?
• Rotational training plan to give you a broad learning experience
• A fun and supportive team to help with your development
• A range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
• Study support towards professional qualifications that relate directly to your role
• Amazing views of London from our Canary Wharf office!
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.