Man Group has a new opening for a Middle Office Analyst.
Middle Office Accounting is primarily responsible for assisting Asset Managers by providing review/analysis of fund profit and loss accounts and calculating the Net Asset Value (NAV) of funds. They are responsible for highlighting potential operational or valuation issues to the Asset Manager.
- Using the firm's systems and other available tools (Bloomberg/vendor data etc.), review and analyse fund profit and loss accounts across asset classes on a daily basis in order to assist reporting performance to Asset Managers
- Perform reviews and estimates of Net Asset Value (NAV) of funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis including checking accrued income and expenses. Provision of intra-NAV estimates to the Asset Managers when requested
- Liaise with the fund administrator(s) to reconcile final fund NAVs
- Ensure that funds capitals are reported accurately and that investor fund subscriptions and redemptions are captured correctly
- Investigate pricing and trade booking issues across asset classes and security types as control exceptions are identified
- Review foreign exchange exposures and report to the Asset Managers, highlighting any currency hedging requirements
- Review reconciliations between custodians, prime brokers and the investment engine's internal records, co-ordinating investigation and/or correction of breaking items where required
- Provide ad hoc reports to the Asset Managers and senior management regarding performance and historic trading analysis
- Attend meetings with administrators and pricing committees
- Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the pricing governance and controls are maintained through identification and mitigation of pricing risks and the communication/documentation of any enhancements to the framework
- Apply technical understanding to securities pricing across the business
- Support accounting, oversight and reporting of research and data expense P&L, payments and allocations to funds
- Support projects, business changes and continuous improvement initiatives as required
Key Skills & Experience
- Recent graduate with strong academic record and highly numerate - required
- Relevant experience/internships in Operations/Fund Accounting/Finance, typically either at an asset management firm, bank or third-party administrator/custodian - preferred
- A team player, who is also comfortable to take individual ownership and initiative
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Control mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer comprehensive, firm-wide employee benefits including competitive holiday entitlements, pension/401k, life and long-term disability coverage, group sick pay, enhanced parental leave and long-service leave. Additional benefits are tailored to local markets and may include private medical coverage, discounted gym membership and wellbeing programmes.