Graduate Technology Analyst
- Highly Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investment Management Partners
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Our client a top tier investment firm is hiring a Graduate Technology Business Analyst, based in London.
The position is ideal for either a bright, ambitious graduate looking for an entry level position in a top firm, or someone with 1-3 years relevant industry experience.
On offer is the chance to work for a highly prestigious name in the industry, in a working environment that focuses on career development and rewarding value-add employees. There will also be the opportunity to take relevant industry qualifications such as the IMC or CFA.
The primary goal of the Business Analyst is to lead projects that address, and offer solutions to the firm's departmental business needs. The role will be very broad and could potentially offer several different career paths depending on the appitude of the employee.
One project requiring immediate focus to access how effectively the firm's bespoke IT software is being used by compliance and front office teams. Here the Business Analyst will form a vital link between the company's developers and senior stakeholders around the business.
A motivated, ambitious, lateral thinker is being sought to join this dynamic group. The successful candidate will have (at minimum) an undergraduate degree with an excellent academic record (As/Bs at A-level and 2.1 at top 10 University or better) paired with strong oral and written skills necessary for this position. Prior experience is not a necessity; however, an interest in the industry will be an asset. Previous internship or other relavant experience also a plus.
Key areas of responsibility of the successful candidate include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing projects aimed at improving and streamlining business processes
- Problem solving, understanding and designing unique solutions
- Testing and evaluating software products to see if they are performing
- Leading change management initiatives from an IT perspective
- Evaluating the software needs and requirments of different departments
- Process re-engineering
- Overseeing departmental user acceptance testing
- Communcating and relationship building with different departments and the firms in house developer team
- Error tracking and measuring team performance against key performance indicators
- Excellent academics (Only A/B's at A-level, 1st Class or 2.1 degree from a top decile University)
- Background in a scientific, technology or mathematical subject
Previous internship or other relevant experience wthin technology a plus.
Experience of Quality Assurance or Testing a plus
High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to articulate clearly with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy
- Dynamic and flexible with excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Opportunity to work with a top firm in the industry
- Option to take industry qualifications such as the CFA or IMC
- Highly competitive pay and bonus
- Culture that takes career development seriously and rewards value-add employees