A leading, London based independent asset management firm that has been excelling for over 15 years is hiring a graduate to join their business development team. The role is ideal for a candidate who is graduating this year and has aspirations for a client-facing role in the asset management space.
A leading, London based independent asset management firm that has been excelling for over 15 years is hiring a graduate to join their business development team in September this year after graduation.
The firm has offices in four countries and provides both investment management and advisory services to its network of global clients. The role is a graduate-level position and the candidate will work on a diverse range of responsibilities within the firm's business development team initially.
The role is ideal for a candidate who is graduating this year and has aspirations for a client-facing role in the asset management space.
- Gaining exposure to the sales and business development process
- Learning how to interact with both prospective and existing clients
- Creating, updating and proof-reading marketing materials, e.g. presentations, commentaries
- Preparing investor Due Diligence Questionnaires
- Performing performance analysis and investment fund comparisons
- Answering ad hoc client queries
- Preparing monthly standard reports for clients
- Liaising with service providers (Custodians, Administrators, etc.) to assist client investments
- Ensuring the firms document database and CRM system is up to date and organised
- Setting up and preparing materials for client calls
- Ad hoc support to the firm's Partners, Sales Staff and Investment Team
- The successful candidate will have good knowledge and an interest in the financial markets, as well as the following attributes:
- Highly motivated, organised and detail orientated
- Strong qualitative skills and an aptitude for numbers with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated business acumen with highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a small firm with a fast-paced team environment
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree from a reputable university
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
If this role is of interest, please apply directly and a member of Selby Jennings's investment management team will get in touch.