Group Chief Accountant / CFO Designate
- GBP100000 per annum + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
The Group Chief Accountant/CFO Designate is an executive-level role, reporting to the newly created (and recent externally hired) Chief Commercial Officer. The role in part replaces the current, retiring, Group Accountant and in part takes on some of the responsibility of the retiring CFO, who has a far broader remit than solely finance. This role going forward will purely reflect financial and related business strategy matters.
Our client is a leading British-based investment trust dedicated to a diversified range of investments.
It also provides a range of fiduciary services including appointment of agents, directors and trustees for pension funds, trusts and companies.
The Group Chief Accountant/ CFO Designate based in London will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervising the finance department of 7 full time staff people
- The structure of the finance department going forward.
- A complete review of the management reporting information
- The ultimate responsibility for the whole range of financial activity from bank payments to financial statement production for every entity and jurisdiction within the group
- Supervising and approving the production of the monthly management accounts pack including the plc board monthly presentation
- Supervising and approving the production of the weekly published NAV statement
- Responsibility for the production and efficient audit process of the published half year statement
- Responsibility for the production and efficient audit process of the published annual financial statements
- Supporting the CEO in analyst briefings, shareholder meetings and the presentation at the AGM
- Responsible for the preparation and audit of the pension plan financial statements
- Responsible for all aspects of the annual budgeting cycle
- Working with the Chief Executive to design the short, medium and long-term strategy, objectives and targets for the organisation globally.
- Collaborating with the Chief Executive to explore global acquisition opportunities to both complement and extend the current business lines.
- Working with the business heads to improve financial efficiency and management information within each business or department.
- Preparation of all financial planning, budgets and targets for businesses and individuals.
- Supporting the Chief Executive in setting remuneration (including bonuses) and overseeing recruitment.
- Supporting new product and services development and evaluation for all service lines.
- Risk management of the group including being a member of the Executive Risk Committee.
- Together with the Compliance officer managing the AIFMD requirements of the investment trust including providing input in to FCA reporting and reporting to the Depositary.
- Responsibility for the preparation and submission of all tax returns.
The Group Chief Accountant/ CFO Designate based in London will have had the following exposure:
- The candidate is expected to be an ACA or FCA with suitable experience in professional practice as well as suitable industry experience
The candidate is expected to have between 10 and 15 years post qualified experience
Specific knowledge or experience of each of the client's business lines or jurisdictions is not required
Specific knowledge or experience of equity based investment management accounting and financial reporting is not a pre requisite, but is highly desirable
The successful candidate must have the ability to understand, analyse and produce suitable management information to validate and highlight the strengths, weaknesses and nuances of the individual business lines to make the most from them and to ensure that implementing change enhances the whole business.
A strong cultural fit with the current organisation
- Proven leadership experience
- Ability to work as a team player
- Culturally astute - able to influence at a senior level to achieve the best outcome for the organisation
- Experience of successfully implementing improvement and change in a timely way which provides value for money
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to think clearly and broadly
- Strong client relationship skills
- Strong analytical skills
Excellent salary and bonus prospects alongside market leading benefits